Help keeping roots warm

Ok so the winter months are upon us as most of us are aware and with the dip in temps im starting to have troubles keeping my pots/root zone warm enough all my plants are in 5g fabric pots and just sit into of a saucer tray i need a some what cheap way of fixing this issue without it looking goofy or ghetto af lmao I found these on Amazon and would like thoughts or if anyone else uses them they are a bit pricey imo bit if work well will invest in a bunch

I have seen people wrap a warming mat around the pot…

1 Like

Although it sounds like a quick and easy fix i have 12 plants currently in my 4x8 so thats kinda out of topic haha I definitely appreciate it tho I do plan on actually getting a small heater tho

1 Like

I use the heating pad shown below or i guess above. Use it with the thermostat or it will hover above 100 degrees… I use the heating matt for the little ones and have a heater in the larger tent. It does get cold at night.

Growing in a basement? Idk my roots stay warm my tents warm

1 Like

No but I’m northern states and im in a old house that use to be a cabin haha

1 Like

I’m in Canada in a trailer, I would say just don’t let your pots sit on the ground you want to collect run off anyway so you need a system. Raise them up 6 inches.

2 Likes

I have 4in pot risers otw ordered 2 days ago should hopefully be here tomorrow or Tuesday also have a small heater going during the night time set to keep the tent at 75F

This is why I run autos 20hr a day. Lol
Or run two tents and off set the trimmers, a heater costs just as much to power as a led board!

2 Likes

Yeah its a small heater but I don’t think I’ll need it once I’m able to get my pots up off the ground my tent typically fluctuates between 75 and 80

I was wondering the same thing… I’m in Texas and was thinking about using a old fashion heating blanket on the floor underneath my 15, 5 gal fabric pots_ also use a thermostat so as to not get above 75-80 degrees…… IDK just a thought

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry too much unless on a slab foundation. Risers/elevators work well if on concrete and a little heater with a thermostat will do the trick :+1: shouldn’t be too bad in the lower 48