Help. Is this white mould?

Looks like thrips under there.

1 Like

What do I do with that?

Captain Jacks Dead Bug will help kill those.

1 Like

We don’t have that here in Canada. Any suggestions what I can use up here?

1 Like

Any product that’s labeled as spinosad. I’m not really sure what’s available there. We may have tag some Canadian growers eh?
@cannabian @kaptain3d @oldguy

2 Likes

Spinosad is not easily available in Canada. It’s because it is harmful to the bees ( I read somewhere that was the reason…).

But I know that @Hoppiefrog sent me some a while back so he or maybe, @Oldguy too, might know… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

@Covertgrower. @kaptain3d.
Sorry fellas. Not readily available to me.
Check out safers spray.
It’s a pyrethrin based solution. But I don’t think it can be sprayed in flower. Not 100%sure.

:v:
3 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. I am in late flower. Almost there of our 1st grow and don’t want to lose it at this point.

When looked up thrips. There is a product called Doktor Doom, sold by Canadian Tire but no info on whether safe during flowering for our product :wink:.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/doktor-doom-thrip-killer-spray-1590118p.html

Any thoughts?? And what are my other options? I removed any leaves that I saw them on so far.

@Covertgrower @Cannabian @kaptain3d @Oldguy

1 Like

The description states that it’s safe to use up to the day prior to harvest… It might impact the taste though…
So technically, you should be good… BUT make sure you do a thorough bud wash when you harvest to get rid of any traces of it left. The great thing about it is you’ll also get rid of a lot of crap and dirt with the bud wash… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Same stuff for lice, I would wash it thoroughly. For sure.
Honestly I don’t understand why Canada doesn’t allow spinosad, seems safer being a bacteria.
Permethrin are said to kill honey bees too… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Agreed @Covertgrower

I just read it is not ok for bees and also very harmful to cats which I have two of.

I know we prob have to do a bud wash as we still have a bit of recurring wpm but this chemical worries me.

Our local Canadian Tire has none in stock anyway.

I removed the leaves that I saw them on so, other than spray with this if I can even get some …Is there anything else I can do???

1 Like

Spray with hydrogen peroxide.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks.

Full strength?

It even says that if the cat comes in contact with a dog that has flea treatment with this stuff it can cause problems and my cats are seniors and around me a lot.

1 Like

I would start with 1:4 or 1:1. Work your way up to full strength if you don’t see the results you’re looking for.

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks
So same as with the wpm. Spray affected spots Or whole plant?

You’ll want to spray the whole thing.

1 Like

Ok.
Been raining here since early afternoon so will have to do tomorrow.
Thanks again for all the help and the call out to the other Canadians. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Anytime, happy to help, and this is what this community is about. If I don’t know, someone does… and we’ll keep going until we find someone.
Best of luck with the bugs.
I had thrips, and it was no fun.

1 Like

I never heard of them before. I am hoping the colder weather will at least help keep them in check for the bit of time we have left to go til harvest.

I am SO glad I found this site.

You guys are very generous with your time and expertise. :star_struck:

1 Like

Try safers soap…