HELP: Is this spider mites?

Hi all!

I’m new to the forum and growing marijuana. I got my first set of seeds from ILGM and have been off on the journey for a few months now. It’s amazing and has brought me a lot of peace. I did an indoor autoflower run first which went ok… and now am doing a (starting indoors but will go outside) photo period run.

I used fox farms ocean soil, along with their nutrients for this grow and also some insect Frass mixed into the soil. I was trying to combat any insects but found these small white bugs crawling all over an empty peppermint bottle that fell into the bottom of one of my plants. Does anyone know what these are? Or what I should do?

VIDEO HERE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14aZVn1DzxhLnkOT4HqWf-z8EAoIAEOLd

Any help or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Friends!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

You will find that you get more and better responses by posting the photo in your thread here.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will do that. It just so hard to see unless you watch the video.

1 Like

I see now. Is that a trap that you have set up for them? Many growers will use Capt. Jack’s Deadbug to rid their grows of pests. It is safe to use during flowering unlike neem oil.

3 Likes

What @MidwestGuy :point_up_2: said. Jack’s dead bug spray.
Welcome to the neighborhood :grinning:

2 Likes

I dont think its spider mites. Those are very small and move a lot slower.
Perhaps one of these.
https://indoorhomegarden.com/fast-moving-white-bugs-in-your-soil-common-houseplant-bugs-🐛/

1 Like

No it’s not a trap. I just heard peppermint oil, keeps pests away. That jar was empty and fell into my plant pot. And I noticed the bugs when I went to take it out.

I wonder if they are Hypoaspis Mites … I read Fox Farm is adding them to ocean forest soil now.
So maybe that it is.

I used neem oil already, and plant seems fine. If I see them again I will try Jacks Dead Bug.

Thanks all!

Neem oil has been worthless in my experience. Jacks is definitely worth a try. My bugs could care less about Jacks too so my anoles are on guard.

6 Likes

Praying Mantis’s are carnivorous little suckers. They’ll eat everything on your plant. You can buy egg pods for them. If you have pests, they’ll eat every one of them.