Help in 2nd week of flower and need to prune

Week 2 of flower and I need and I know I need to prune I just have a hard time doing it I have a couple of pictures here wrong pointing at some stems that are skinny and small but have somehow made their way up to the top canopy a little bit but my space is only 5 ft tall and they only been in flour or 12 12 should I say for about 2 weeks now and I’m afraid that my canopy is going to outgrow my tent

should I cut were I’m pointing?

Yes you can, a bit of selective pruning will open up the canopy ,allow more air circulation down under the canopy and send a lot of energy to the remaining bigger colas. Go for it.

Don’t be afraid to do some trimming if needed. I cut most of the lower branches off as you can see. That pile is from the plant on the right.

I also cut close.

3 Likes

How long you been growing and why do you cut close is it better or preference?

@Bloombeast hay you can guestamate the size of them when you flip to 12/12 they will double in size min but that happens mostly in weeks 1-3 of flower

Do they good they look a little skinny to me

With 540 actual watts I’d think they would be beast

Is this a male ? It’s been on 12.12 going on 3 weeks now.

Or is it a hermie? Was hoping those little balls are swollen caylexes

It’s a boy sry

Cut him down and try another

Thanks this is me second grow and even though I got mixing the chemicals down to a science I was still giving them food every two weeks instead of giving them food every week but I have 150 watt HPS and I have one bloombeasta520 with 270 actual watts but I have to keep it on 50% because I can’t raise the lights so the majority of the plant’s life has been grown on 60 to 80% of the bloombeast light mixed with the 150 watt HPS bulb around week 3 of flower do you think that my buds are pretty good shape or do you think they should be bigger how do I get those big 4-6-8 inch colas that are compacted and solid

Week 5 of flower