Help im still blowin it

May I jump in and say I don’t think your light is the issue. (I do think you will need to upgrade lights to be able to have a good flower, especially if you try to do more than one plant.)

Now. I believe part of your issue is your ph. You see, MJ plants have to have a certain ph and 6.5 is at the far end for coco. Bring your ph down closer to 5.8-6.0 in veg. May work up a little in flower to 5.8-6.2.

6.5 causes the plant to struggle when intaking certain nutes.

3 Likes

This picture shows that the optimal ph range to take in most nutes are between 5.8-6.0

5 Likes

Is growing in coco completely different than soil?

Yes definitely

3 Likes

Yea. Soil runs out of its own nutrients then you start adding your own nutes.

Coco you start giving nutrients from day 1.

2 Likes

So I take it that you customize the nutrients to the stage the plant is in and one must have excellent plant reading skills to catch and differentiate deficiencies.

Appearrantly. I’ll try soil next grow.

Each line has a schedule to follow. Most change through out the grow.

I’m currently running jacks 321. My plan is to run this from seedling to harvest feeding every day. I mix up about 4 days worth in a reservoir and have been hand feeding for the last 2 weeks. I’m now using the autopot system so as long as I keep jacks in the reservoir and ph’d to the correct ph I’m golden.

I do add tribus microbes, and silica. But these just help the plant do it’s job better. Not really nutes.

2 Likes

As mentioned above your PH is out of wack.
Also always post pictures by turning grow lights off and taking with a flash on, grow lights hide the true leaf color.

Your PH is off causing nutrients not to be absorbed.
Leave your light as is. It’s fine, more light the better generally until you see light burn which you won’t with that light.

3 Likes

Yes it looks great for that old. Maybe find a light meter so you can get the perfect amount of light. Maybe include what soil, light, hydro or not. Main thing is be patient and have fun with it. I popped 3 different seeds just to play with and experiment. Have fun and make mistakes. It’s a wonderful feeling packing a bowl of some sticky ass dank weed, knowing you grew it.

1 Like

(Nevermind! Already mentioned above)

Hey everybody me again. Someone suggested I get a light meter for the uncertainty of my lights. Got it! So on my seedlings I have 6000+ lux?? And 1 auto
starting its second set of fan leaves 9 days about 2 1/2" tall Ontario i have 15000lux??

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure the conversion factor but it should be .01?. Do you know the spectrum of your light? If you can get a close conversion factor then you can convert to PPFD and calculate your DLI.

The spectrum is supposed full spectrum "sun light " red /infrared/blue/ white. Not sure about this 972dli and 9.99 dli??

1 Like

Full spectrum is 3500K I believe. Let me see if I can refund that chart.

What model light is it

Vivosun Vs1000

1 Like

You really just need to use it as a gauge. It’s not going to be totally accurate. Are your girls getting leggy and stretching. You need to really let them speak to you. As far as the DLI, PPFD and LUX I believe @Nicky did a write up on it. It is in depth. This is the chart he had shared.
This is for photoperiods. Not sure if you are growing autos or photos.

Edit = Start using DLI is nickys write up, just search it up top

I’m sorry @First-grow , I just found more bugs in the tent and I have to spray before lights out. I will be back. Let me know if that makes sense and I can answer questions.

It makes perfect sense, looks like I’m real close to where I need to be with the lights. Thanks. The seedling are photo and the other is auto she’s about 9days in struggling to keep her going , lost 3. I guess I treat her as early veg? Or still seedling?

Pay special attention to post #1 and post #227