Help... Im not sure what to do

When I began this journey, I didn’t realize how big the plants could get. I have friends who’ve dabbled here and there, and I dont recall theirs growing big. Im at about 7 weeks. My babies have been remarkable; one has already started flowering. But here’s the thing, they keep getting bigger. I had the light a lot lower, and have had to raise it because they get tall to where they are too close to the light. At this point, I cant raise the light any higher. I understand the light is the food, so, I cant take it out. If they continue to grow and touch the lamp, will they be ok? Any suggestions?! Tallest in the back is Chocolope, measures 40 inches from top of coco.

20201214_081212|375x500

1 Like

1 Like

You could monster crop

1 Like

Plants look good btw

1 Like

Cannabis usually puts on somewhere between 50% and 200% in size over the first 3ish weeks into flowering. You can look at techniques such as topping, FIMing, and supercropping to manage their size. As @Hydro921 suggested, monster cropping is another possible action that can be taken during the 1st few weeks of flowering.

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy probably could throw a scrog net on them too.
My lemon haze would grow 6 ft if I let her lol

2 Likes

Yes! Great idea.

2 Likes

I would research these techniques and apply your chosen methods fairly quickly. Cannabis doesn’t take well to training after the 1st few weeks of flowering.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Very nice plants. I would google a video on super cropping. Give that a whirl. Reapply as necessary until they are done the pre flower stretch. Then after they are all stretched out you can get a good look at the final picture and then think about clearing out some lower growth that will never see your light. You do not want the plants to grow right into the light. They will suffer as a result.

2 Likes

You can also build a scrog pretty cheap if money is tight. Lots of videos out there.
That’s what I did

1 Like

My homemade scrog

You all are amazing! Thank you, I am makingmy scrog today.

1 Like