Help identify what my plant needs

120k wi fi mints started from seed.
Seeds popped on 4/1/22
They have been outside since 6/1.
Soil is promix with 25% perlite
7 gallon fabric pots.
Nutes… FF TRIO ~ just started with tiger bloom at approx.30% strength.
Have been dealing with very hot weather ( 100 + almost daily for close to 2 weeks).
I know I am overdoing something or not giving enough of something.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Sorry the pics are not real good

5 Likes

She’s looking kind of rough, I use ff trio on my plant’s, Grow Big and Big Bloom is the vegitive stage , use it first until you start seeing white pistols, then use Tiger Bloom, i only fertilize every 3 day or so , I also go on the organic side using Fish Fertilizer and liquid worm castings, Are you using any type of insect killer? I use Captain Jack’s and Neem, looking at the leaves it’s possible there are some insects, some are so tiny you can’t see them, Hopefully my 2 cents worth may help and she will perk up and Thrive, There are alot of Experience Growers on this Forum may they can tell you what’s going on better than me , I love Growing Outside but it has challenges

2 Likes

First thought looking at ur plant I’m thinking water. She appears dry. Are you watering to good run off when you do ?
The other is the bug frass on those leaves.
Spider mites I’m suspect of.
Capt jacks dead bug for those lil buggers.

:v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

The plant does look dry , then you need to see if it’s rootbound , they have to have enough space to retain moisture especially in Hot conditions , I think she has some spider mites or some other type insects going on, looking at the leaves

2 Likes

I would go with a about a gallon of PH water get her to stand backup. Within a few hours you should see the leafs come to life. As other members mentioned a little Captain Jack get rid of the pest.:v::+1:

2 Likes

Which pro-mix? There are many.
If you continue using a pro-mix (peat) based product think about adding vermiculite. It helps with water retention and natural source of silica.
If the pro-mix has mycorrhizae are you feeding the mycrobes?

1 Like

@beardless, @Oldguy @Nip @kellydans … I have 5 going~ all showing same signs~just took pics of the one thats looking worst. as for water they were getting 3 to 4 gallons every other day and working in the FF Big Bloom and Grow Big 2 times a week. I cut the water back because the pots weren’t feeling light and also drooping by the end of the day. Was afraid I was overwatering. the pro mix is 80-90%sphagnum peat moss. I added perlite but not vermiculite. Can I still add it now? If so how would I do that? Thank you all for your knowledge!

3 Likes

The captain jacks i will start tonight as soon as sun sets!

2 Likes

If you’re having 100 degree temperatures, don’t be afraid to give them more water, use the Captain Jack’s and if you don’t see any improvement, I would try repotting them with fresh soil, I think you’re doing okay with ff nutrients, hang in there good luck with bringing them back, I can tell by the pictures they were growing well at one time, hope i helped you out some we all have problems at some point growing , I’m having issues with Stinkbugs eating at my Buds right now, sitting here thinking how to get rid of them before they eat all my Buds up

3 Likes

@Nip if stink bugs coming up from the soil try diatomaceous earth.

4 Likes

Good Idea, I forgot about DE , I don’t know where there coming from, all i know is they multiply like crazy and will eat about anything green, i remember seeing them in my Garden all over the Squash plant’s , my grandmother used to Dust them with Seven Dust, i hate putting alot of stuff on my plant’s, They probably just a few weeks from harvesting, but I really don’t have much of choice, Don’t want to chop early

Vermiculite needs to be worked into the medium so it would have very little benefit, if any, at this time.

2 Likes

Pro-mix will be fine to late to add vermiculite.
:v::+1:

1 Like

It definitely looks like a spider mite infestation, I would cut the big fan leaves that are infested, burn, or spray with isopropyl alcohol to kill everything on cut leaves. Then Captian Jacks concentrated mix it and spray. Also I have heard a 10 to 1 mix of water alcohol works as well. I personally use dawn dish soap and water. They can be tough to get rid of so be patient. As for the wilt, being so hot you may want to ease up on nutrients (not water) a little as well. Question do they perk up when you water them?

Yes they perk up when watered.

1 Like

That’s a good thing, so I would say more water, and easy on nutrients in the heat. also with FF they suggest flushing. Need to attack the mites asap. As @Nip suggests it may be root bound if so a transplant may be needed before flowering.

1 Like

There could be some hidden insects inside the soil, it’s the time of the year when bug’s start getting bad , im trying to fight Stinkbugs only seen a couple, that’s enough to ring my alarm, going to get some BT and try it

Try Dr Bronners Castile soap, it’s harmless to buds

@Nip @beardless @Dforce @Se7en Here is an update…been applying jacks dead bug at night every 5 to seven days. seems like more branches dying off. Any ideas? I did cut alot of fan leaves. should I thin the plant out some more. Now she gets 2/3 amount of FF trio. Also did a flush on her last week sledgehammer. The leaves towards bottom are much lighter green also.

1 Like

Looks like spider mites are still there, maybe try a mix of 1:9 alcohol water, then CJ go every other day. Cut all sucker branches and leaves that have lots of mites on them, then spray. They also so insecticidal soals that mite help. Rotate them.

2 Likes