Help. i think one has HERMIED

Help. my hours for the past 2 days have not been solid sorry to inform but on the monster biggest plant i found these this afternoon after checking up on tnem. i plucked all the balls i could find & im thinking on giving her a day or 2 to recover to see if they come back. i really dont want to throw this one out but if its time then there is nothing i can do to save it. i tried to pluck tjem all off with out spreading the pollen to others. i really hope she comes back…

1 Like

Yup. Kill it.

1 Like

Sorry man

1 Like

:sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

I feel ya. Had a one plant grow my last attempt and it hermied on me. Sucks

1 Like

This was her 2 days ago. & i been working 12 hour shifts & i have not had time to check up on her until tonight. but im gonna chop her down now. & hopefully the polen doesnt spread to others…

We’re there any pistils showing? I didn’t see any. Maybe just a male and not hermie ?

1 Like

She did have little white hairs sticking out on lower nodes. just the top ones that had all the seeds.

Fan leafes were huge. she was my favorite out of the bunch. & the other photo is 1 week ago when i topped her & show the pistils sticking out.

Sucks - the fact it was the biggest makes sense because males grow taller so their pollen sacs will waft over the smaller females. Used reg seeds first 2 grows and was continually disappointed when all the biggest most robust plants were in fact male. Forced me to switch to fem seeds

5 Likes

Mass medical strains. had 3 star pupil which are still doing good & 1 Skittlez x Dosidos which came out hermied or Male.

If it had pistils and pollen sacks that’s a herm. Most likely from inconsistent light schedule. Although I have sone gogi pupil fem from mms that is well documented to herm regularly.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 purchased a automatic timer to switch on & off so i shouldnt have problems with the schedule now.
& when lights are off i close the tent vents instead of leaving them open like i used to.

Agreed! Check for light leaks.

On occasion, I like to go into my room and sit in the dark for at least 15 minutes. Start to recognize all sorts of potential issues. Probably best to sneak in and out of the room with the lights off only if they’re in veg, though.

2 Likes

@BlackShirt

I have had vent issues where it gets hot when the tent is all the way sealed so i started leaving vents open during light off like a week ago i started. but i started closing vents all the way & no light leaks in now. maybe that was my problem & no bad genetics.

1 Like

Hopefully these other 3 star pupil dont end up the same way.

1 Like

Be vigilant.
best of luck

1 Like

@BlackShirt
Thanks bro. ill keep a close eye & if i see problem. i know where to go. ill post a Check up in the next couple days.

1 Like

You don’t really want your tent sealed up either. Build a light trap around your intake so you can keep airflow through even when lights are out.

2 Likes

@dbrn32

I turned the tent against the wall so it wont get light from Tv or lights from the ceiling of my room even when the lights are off & i moved intake fan to the top of tent so it always has air running threw it. thank you for the info i was ready to seal her 24/7

1 Like