Help! I need help identifying this deficiency!

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie to growing (completely new), I just started flowering these two last week. Thai Berry has brown spots on it I’m thinking it’s either light burn or a calcium deficiency but I’m not sure. And the other plant, Cali Kush might have a magnesium deficiency the leaves curl down a little on some of the leaves not all of them and have discolored leaves but I’m could be wrong about that. If anyone could help!

looks like multiple deficiencies which could mean several things but knowing your grow medium your nutrient line water hardness and ph would help drastically but on a random guess I would say phosphorus and nitrogen maybe calcium or possibly nutrient lock

I am using fox farms ocean forest soil mix. I don’t know my water hardness I live in LA but I am using RO water, I have the ro filter from water drop just the one with two filters. I am using the Bergman’s flowertime fertilizer. I try to keep ph at 6.5

@growhoe. I’ll tag a few people that have helped me.

@Nicky
@MeEasy
@Covertgrower
@Dave101
@Caligurl

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@growhoe Welcome to the community! Everyone here wants you to succeed.

1 Like

Have you only been watering the whole time? Literally no nutes at all?
(edit) now i see the bergman’s flower nutes. lol i’m high.
what kind of light? how far away is it? what’s the actual power draw?

1 Like

What size is the pot you’re in? If you are using FFOF AND giving them Bergman’s, you’re
nute burning the hell out of them. That soil is hot and loaded with nutrients. Depending on
size of pot, you can go 6-10 weeks EASY without then plants needing fertilizers.

Like @Bones said above, the pH level of the soil will give you an idea also. Could quite
possibly be lock out if your soil pH has spiked or dropped too low.

Don’t worry bro, I did the EXACT same thing on my first grow. I fed them nutes from the door.
I burned the hell out of my plants not realizing the soil was loaded with vitamins.

Oh, welcome to the forum broski, I hope you stick around and fill us in on what you find out.
Lots of info here to check out and lots to learn. I wish you all the best.

Give this here a read, copy and paste the support form here into this thread with your info
and some of the Pro’s will absolutely be able to help you recover those green children.

ILGM Grow Support Ticket - Beginner / Grow FAQs - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum by Robert Bergman

2 Likes

It look like calcium deficiency not nute burn. I agree with @PhillyRock, with FFOF you shouldn’t need to add anything until flower (or runoff TDS is below 800). However… with RO water, you will need to add Cal/Mag back in because it’s been removed (same with distilled water)

First make sure your pH at the roots is good. Google Soil Slurry Test and do that first

It will not hurt to add Cal/Mag just make sure it doesn’t have Nitrogen or very little, there are plenty of them out there.

Also, those leaves won’t recover but leave them there unless they are dead… there is plenty of photosynthesis they are doing.

The help ticket will help us alot

2 Likes

I have a KUAREZ 2000 LED I believe it only consumes 200w I have the plants at the Thai Berry is 13inch from the light and Cali Kush is 16 inches I think that’s probably a little close but my tent isn’t that big and I can’t raise the light any more.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely run that test and add cal and mag

2 Likes

Thank you so much! They are in 1 gallon pots they probably need more space but I don’t have room for them to get any bigger unfortunately. My tent is pretty small. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated!

1 Like

Yes definitely add those when using RO water.
Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Spots say calcium and curling up is magnesium and clawing down nitrogen if your tips are burnt from nitrogen …magnesium will show a lil more advanced because is shows at tips first so you will not have much wiggle room… if your not useing calmag start because calcium magnesium are demanded in flower and will definitely rob your plant of vital tasks its needed for

2 Likes