Help!I have broken my main stem, i need your knowledge asap!

@nemereth how is your girl coming along ?

I’m going to follow along. Today I snapped the top stem below the main cola, it didn’t break off so I took a suggestion to glue it together with pine tree sap, I taped it up but all the leaves above it are limped over, my man is mad at me, he thinks I should remove it, I told him to hold up for a few days. Plus I had to remove 3 males today and cut them down for compost, what a terrible Sunday it’s been in my house. :disappointed_relieved:

Give it some time… it just might be in shock… if in 24 hours it don’t look like it’s responding you may have to remove the limb … :rage::fearful::neutral_face:

Let’s hope not… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

@Hogmaster shes fine man thanks!sorry for the late reply!

11 Likes

Looking good my friend looking good

2 Likes

Mine did not recover, I went in this morning, cut the entire top off, I gave it 2 days to perk up, it just looked more limp and more pitiful, I apologized to the rest of the plant and made the cut. Yours look to be bouncing back just fine thankfully

@doodlebug i’ve never heard of using sap to glue it together I’ve always used honey and put some tape around it to allow it to heal and sometimes I use zip ties depending on the break but I actually split my plan have on accident honey and tape did that last week and it still looks good try that next time if it ever happens again honey is a natural cure for our plants at times

5 Likes

@doodlebug yeah she did recover and the weird thing is that her buds are alot fatter then her sisters as @Hogmaster said use honey if you snap something,it is amazing what can do,really amazing!!

4 Likes

Amazing plant!

Next time though… Use Teflon tape or medical tape.

I was a commercial electrician, and in a pinch used electrical tape to seal up my own wounds. However, upon closer study, I learned the adhesive in electric tape is chalked full of toxins. While it clearly didn’t hurt your plant, better safe than sorry. Plus, electrical tape contracts over time, and that can cause problems too.

The honey, which I have used on my kid’s wounds for years, is ingenious. Let me know @garrigan62 how it does on root development, and what you did. You have piqued my interest level.

4 Likes

Great thing about this plant. It will heal. I use gauze for that fix. Glad it seemed to have worked out for you :slight_smile:
Happy growing, lw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now all we have to do if figure out how to Smoke Honey and we’ll start a Worldwide campaign to save the Bees. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smoking::bee::bee::bee:

4 Likes

Well, ‘hurting’ plants in a certain (planned and careful) way is a form of High Stress Training and it is sometimes used as a method to obtain a bigger yield. The idea is - or I recon - that which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger :slight_smile: So yeah, definitely possibly that the once broken stem is doing better than average.

2 Likes

@FloridaSon I’ve never heard of any of things but your have my attention. Honey as a cloning agent saves a ton of money . But the fem seeds not cloning worry me I know from this site that autos will not clone but I thought for sure a fem would.

Any way please start a tread on honey clones.

My info on cloning with honey didn’t come from my own personal research or experience. I believe it was @garrigan62 that I read it from.

I plan on trying this season, so I’ll post my clones when I do. Still at least a month to 6 weeks until I’ll have anything to cut.

The health benefits for us are well documented, but I didn’t know our girls could benefit from it too. I normally wouldn’t pass on hearsay, but I trust Will and his thoughts on using naturals for our plant care.

Maybe he’ll show results in his experiment topic for autos.

Honey…miracle superfood…

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna try with a Reggie clone cause that’s all I have ready at the moment .
I think I can cut one or two this weekend.
I have soil, rock wool and rapid rooter.
And I do need to trim my lady before she starts flower.

1 Like

@FloridaSon have u heard of use milk to feed plants. Some say it works wonders thinking of taking same clones and growing one with Fox farm and the other just milk and Ph water.
Your thoughts?

2 Likes

Another good thing about having some B.S. to play with. I have my two outside to play with screening after they push back to veg.

I forgot to respond about the fem seeds in my previous reply. You can clone feminized plants. I’m not sure why photoperiod plants are considered better, but I read it in one of Robert’s Blogs on clones.

Don’t be discouraged about cloning your fems. I clone them and I believe most of the clones you see here seem to be feminized clones. Perhaps I should edit that comment so others reading it don’t get troubled too?

I’ll be watching for your clones…

2 Likes

I was going to try the milk, even did it one watering, but I don’t really use milk much. I suppose I could get a pint whenever I plan to water so I’m not wasting it.

I trust the info I read about milk as a supplement. Supplement. I wouldn’t recommend it as a substitute for nutrients. The milk will help the plants with the nutes.

I’m not sure of the pest deterrent claims, but I’m in no position to dispute those claims. I’ll have to go back to that topic and look over it again.

I say go for it if you can. My opinion, raw milk would work the best…

2 Likes

All my clones are from fem seeds. They are kicking butt. I had to use string and masking tape on my split plant but it’s flowering fine like there isn’t a 4" long split down the middle I didn’t see til it was barked up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Milk is a great medium for starting mossy type plants. For example, you just put in a flagstone walkway and don’t want grass growing in the sand between, grind up common forest moss with milk in a blender and pour it on the cracks for an almost instant antique walkway.

4 Likes