Help!I have broken my main stem, i need your knowledge asap!

Hi guys,as the title says i messed up,i’m 9 days into flower and i was trying to balance the canopy a bit and i over pushed her, 3 hours have passed since then and the plant seems fine,i used 3 layers(or circles arround it) of electrical tape a bit tight!The crack is about 3 maybe 4 cm.

I have no experience at all on this,should i take some clones asap and throw her away?if not will she have time to recover and flower correctly?and should i use anything else on the crack?

I’m sorry for the lights but i’m really scared to even move her,the last photo is 4 days older and it might help you understand her structure a bit better if it helps you!

Thanks for any advice guys! !@#$ im really mad with my self and sad

CALM DOWN, smoke, toke, take it easy. She’ll be fine, just keep tape on and she’ll heal

9 Likes

I’m with @Nug-bug
Smoke a bowl or cone or whatever it is you smoke and calm down I did the same on one of mine just before I switched and all is fine
Try not to stress her anymore and give her a few days to heal
Just keep an eye on area for any sign of worsening
But you should be find
I have graphing tape and a brush on wound healer available just in case you mighbwant to pick some up at your local garden center for emergencies :+1::wink:
Good luck post pics and keep us posted

@Nug-bug thanks for the reply man! I’m hoping u are right!

@Countryboyjvd1971 she’s on the night period now so i cant see whats going on,thanks for your advice man i ll keep an eye on the wound but can i remove the tape so early to check for infections? i ll keep u guys posted for sure!

I wouldn’t remove tape yet just keep an eye above and below for now give it a day at leAst be fire you remove I’ve also heard of other putting a little honey on wound ? I’ve never tried that myself

1 Like

you did the wright thing but keep some honey near buy so if it happend’s again you’ll be ready.
Honey is great healing agent you just need a tiny bit…its old school…lol
I use it and works every time.

Will

8 Likes

@garrigan62 What is the purpose of the honey? Does it act like a glue or is it a nutrient/healing type thing? Or both?

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 i heard for aloe to,but the honey is more accessible where i am!

@garrigan62 should i use a little honey the next time i open the tape?what do u think?

thanks everyone guys again and again!

Honey is a superfood. Antibiotic, antiseptic, Anti fungal. Beneficial to the good stuff and fights the bad.

It can also help as a wound sealant. I haven’t tried it yet, but I hear it can help with rooting clones. I’ll be testing that this year when I clone for outside. Feminized seeds aren’t recommended for cloning, but it’s what I have.

I would remove the tape after about a week. If you do it now, use the honey and retape for a few more days, would be my suggestion.

Natural remedies rock!!!..

11 Likes

@FloridaSon Thank you for the info!I’m amazed on what honey can do,its magnificent really!mother nature just gives us everything i suppose!

3 Likes

You hit that one right on the head :+1:
Mother Nature does provide all we really need :v:

3 Likes

Yes…it will help heal quicker.

Will

3 Likes

The lights came on and she looks healthy like nothing happen ,no drooping or yellow leaves,i dont know maybe its to early, almost 24hr passed!maybe the girl is stronger then i ever expected!!!

3 Likes

Well it is called weed for a reason. Very resilient plants.
I split my main stem,right where it had been topped, right down the middle about an inch, half way through flower, trying to even out the canopy and all I did was tie some string around it a bunch nice and tight and it’s still doing fine. I just left it on there cause I don’t want it splitting again from the weight of the buds. An ya no rot no disease.

See that orange string in the middle that’s where it happened.

5 Likes

@Zero420 we have a different structure but this is the same spot as mine i think,nice work there man!

I have two question tho,do i have big chances to turn my girl to a hermaphrodite plant because of the stress?and today is feeding day,do i feed her as usual?

1 Like

Feed as usual and yes if they get too much stress than they can turn. So let her heal throw some honey on her if your worried but just keep on doing your thing and let her have some time then all will be ok.
Edit. I re-read what you wrote and I don’t think it will turn. Some people split their stems purposefully. You just have to not stress her too much at once I think.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot zero,lets hope we ain’t gonna have any strange turn ups :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I’ve already had to deball my plants. Had a light leak. Caught it early. Haven’t seen any more lately.

2 Likes

@FloridaSon

summed it up perfectly

Honey is a superfood. Antibiotic, antiseptic, Anti fungal. Beneficial to the good stuff and fights the bad.

It can also help as a wound sealant. I haven’t tried it yet, but I hear it can help with rooting clones. I’ll be testing that this year when I clone for outside. Feminized seeds aren’t recommended for cloning, but it’s what I have.

I would remove the tape after about a week. If you do it now, use the honey and retape for a few more days, would be my suggestion.

Natural remedies rock!!!..

3 Likes

I totally agree with you @garrigan62, you can rely to Mother Nature , and honey is a perfect example :grinning::+1::ok_hand::v:

1 Like