Help, I don't think what I've got going on isn't fixable, but I've been known to mess things up attempting to fix them

My PH starts at 7.8 and comes down to 7.25 after I add nutrients. How do I get it down to 6.0?

2 Likes

PH down, several brands out there. I use General Hydroponics PH down :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

That’s what I bought, but the directions lead me to believe it was just to test your solution. It states acid on the label and this is safe to dilute in a nutrient solution and it won’t hurt the plants?

1 Like

Wont hurt them at all.

1 Like

A little goes a long way though.

1 Like

It’s food grade phosphoric acid and completely safe :love_you_gesture:

Like OG said.

Next question, How do you control EC, TDS, & PPMs, I just bought a nice APERA PC60 5-in-1 Multi-Parameter Pocket Tester Kit to replace some cheap Samsung unit I bought. This unit is much more reliable and found my PH was really 7.4 reliably not a range of values between 6.4 and 6.8 like the Samsung unit. I brought my PH down to 5.88. PPMs are around 550. I need to get them up to 750. Any suggestions?

The only way I know to raise your PPM is to add more nutes. To lower your PPM add more water. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Next feeding adjust your nutrient strength and test the final PPMs it’s better to be high and cut with water as most 2 or 3 part nutrients need to be mixed in order. After final nutrient strength is achieved adjust the PH to 6.5 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Samsung makes test meters?

Yep,
VIVOSUN pH and TDS Meter Combo, 0.05ph High Accuracy Pen Type pH Meter ± 2% Readout Accuracy 3-in-1 TDS EC Temperature Meter for Hydroponics, Household Drinking, and Aquarium, UL Certified
sold for 18.99 on Amazon
Junk don’t buy it

1 Like

Up-potting, more lights (DLI?), and fan for some gentle wind-stalk-strengthening, IME
I got Vivosun JUNK for sale, if you pay the postage (one broken and one retarded, more than me).

1 Like

Thanks to all who responded, the stalks are getting strong and they look pretty healthy, but I’m still a little confused with the grow light settings, someone responding to this thread suggested turning both lights on. I thought the red lights were for flowering. What are the best recommendations for lighting during vegetation and flowering?

3 Likes

And they’re not getting much taller, but there is a lot of activity going on under the leaves.

I consider it this way, most full spectrum lighting doesn’t have a switch to turn blue or red off so I would run them both. I’m assuming this is a blurple light? Your node spacing looks great for my taste so running the red light with the blue would be my suggestion :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks for your response. I guess I’ve read too many articles stating red is for flowering, but another member of this group did state as soon as they get about 4 layers of leaves, turn both lights on

3 Likes

No worries Grow Bro, your plants are looking great! Well done :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Catchy title!!! Lol

I would definetly be wary of anything found out in the wilds. Tons of broscience and conflicting answers that all seem correct if you dont know better.

This forums is about as solid as it comes for great advice.

3 Likes

:point_up_2: no doubt about it :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes