Help, I don't think what I've got going on isn't fixable, but I've been known to mess things up attempting to fix them

3 of my seeds made it. Not complaining but the issue is this, they skyrocketed straight out of the pot, or cardboard cup I planted in, and now I have 3 plants 7 inches tall with limited foliage. One fell over due to leaf weight vs stem big enough to support what little foliage existed. I was able to add more rooting soil and a stick to support it, but what is going on here. While waiting for your response, I’ve lowered the grow light to about 4 inches above their tops in hope that will push it to grow out rather than up until the stems get stronger. - Strain: Maui Wowie

3 Likes

Post some pics Growmie. Seedlings stretch due to inadequate lighting intensity. And set too high Lowering the light will help, what light are you using :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

As @OGIncognito said lowering the light or increasing intensity can help also over watering can cause dampening which is basically stem rot from to much m water. Some pictures and a support ticket will help and welcome to the community

5 Likes

Like @OGIncognito and @dirtydave said. Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

shy030IeNMQmc

3 Likes

The light is about 4 inches above the plants it was more like 16 inches.

2 Likes

Strain Maui Wowie
Cardboard like temp pots (Should have just gone with solo cups)
Organic rooting soil
Cheap LED Walmart Grow light

1 Like

My plan was to move them here when they reached the vegetation stage

1 Like

Are they in peat pods? I would transplant them and burry them up to just below the cotyledons. Cut down the sides in several places, keeping the peat pod will rout bound them resulting in a stunted growth :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Are the cotyledons the first initial leaves? That was my plan if I didn’t hear back soon enough. How close should the grow light be?

2 Likes

Yes the 1st set that sprouted. What wattage is the light :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I would pot them up. Bury stem to within couple inches of the leaves. Drop that king led down within 14-18 inches and see where they go. Both veg and bloom switches on after a few more leaves pop.

4 Likes

Great Value 2 ft Full Spectrum LED 14W Grow Light, Linkable

1 Like

They are in veg now, just use the larger light. I also agree with others. Pot up, ditch peat pot, and bury stem.

4 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Solid advice from the others.

2 Likes

Now I think the leaves are turning brown, but I think I’ll have to turn off the grow light to actually show this.

2 Likes

Yes, always best to post pictures in natural light conditions.

1 Like

What is the ideal EC PPM rating needed for healthy plants?

1 Like

Different levels for the grow stages. I grow in coco and feed the following

Seedlings I feed at 500 PPMs and bump that up to 600 at day 15 above ground and add 100 PPMs each following week and top out at 1000 PPMms through harvest. I also observe the plant daily for signs of deficiencies and adjust if needed :love_you_gesture:

1 Like