Help! I don’t want to start off on a bad foot

Down about 1/2 inch and cover w loose soil! Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Ohioan!

1 Like

General rule of thumb is plant the tap root down and seed up. However some will plant tap root up. Say it helps from getting helmet head, which is where the seed comes up but the shell has trouble coming off of the coytledons

2 Likes

I was thinking of getting this next week. No clue if it’s what I need for year around growing or how many plants it can hold etc any suggestions?

I’d stay away from kits. Buy nice or buy twice. In that size tent you’ll have your hands full with 1 plant.
This is my Northern Lights Auto in a 48"×48"x55"

She’s full,1 plant. Looks nice right? Nope… My tent is 55" tall, a good foot short of what would be ideal. The colas are encroaching on the danger zone and there’s not much that can be done aside from supercropping a flowering branch…no no no.
This plant was topped and LST’d and it’s upsetting that she’s not gonna be the best she can be. Live and learn…:v::blush:
Edit- she’s 48 days from sprout in this pic. Completing 1st week of flower.

2 Likes

Yip I love it “buy nice or buy twice “ it’s absolutely true . You have some decisions to make first before you buy anything:) how many plants and will you start new crops from seed or clones? Then build the tent around your goals . Also read as many new grow threads as you can , a lot of info out there on hacks and bargains but also real world reviews of particular kit you will need with good advice on alternatives. Good luck:) I’ll tuned in to see what the pros sort you out with :wink:

1 Like