Help! I don’t want to start off on a bad foot

That should work​:grin::100::+1:t2:

2 Likes

They look happier already!

3 Likes

Look at the difference one day makes.

I want to thank everyone that was trying to help me work out my mistakes and get my girls to survive my indoor not so green thumb. Not out of the woods yet but it’s look better.

5 Likes

It’s amazing how resilient they are!

2 Likes

Hey. Just checking in to see how they are doing.

1 Like

They are doing great I think. At least for the time being.

5 Likes

They look good!

2 Likes

Moving them to the property Wednesday. Temps inside the barn are pretty much as outside so I have to devise a plan to bring heat to my girls so they don’t freeze to death. I am so over this bipolar Mother Nature weather. It needs to stop raining for one and warm up and stay warming up not up and down.

2 Likes

I’m thinking since they’re still small, you could even put them in something like a styrofoam cooler with the lid off, of course, and your lights over. Since it isn’t actually freezing, that might be enough to keep them cozy. I don’t think you want to (or need to) put an actual heater in there (fire hazard), just enough to keep them from getting chilled.

Since I been moving I’ll have left over boxes that I was thinking of lining with aluminum foil and put them in there with the light. It puts off some heat front the light bulb and just cover the top around the light with a little fan blowing on them to keep them strong and allows ventilation and air to flow through. But that’s a good idea you have because it’s all white allowing for maximum light coverage so I might go with that idea thanks.

3 Likes

Sounds like we were both thinking along the same lines lol. Good luck with the move!

3 Likes

Update on my gorilla glue girls. I have finally moved and weather is some what improving. But something is wrong with them and I am not sure what. So any advice is very welcoming.

3 Likes

Hey! Was wondering how you were doing! They still look really stretchy to me, but as far as what’s going on with the edges, I don’t know enough to even hazard a guess. Hope others will chime in.

1 Like

I added more dirt today and filled the cups to the top. Hopefully I can plant them in the ground in a few weeks.

2 Likes

Good! Yeah–I’m hoping to get mine in the ground in a few weeks, too. I just posted an update on mine. They really liked these past 2 days with 80* temps!

Yeah I am loving the temps to. I just wish the low’s would be higher than they are. I am taking a chance and going to leave my girls outside tonight.

2 Likes

Yeah, we are similar here, with Wed night at 28 and Thurs night at 35. Overall, it looks like your nights are a bit warmer than here. Lucky you. I put this greenhouse up today and put the tomatoes and peppers in there during the day. I won’t put them out there overnight for a while yet.

2 Likes

Nice set up. I looked at hourly for tonight and the lowest temp will be 63 so this is their first night outside. I’ll bring them in before 2 pm which is when it will start raining.

3 Likes

@Fieldofdreams, @Low, @krismwright

Keep in mind it’s not about the temperature as much as it is the amount of light you need 14 to 15 hours to keep them in vegetative state. You can use a 60 watt CFL bulb and have it turn on around 5 p.m. to 8 or 9 p.m. that should be plenty :slight_smile:

2 Likes