HELP! I am growing nine strains, and I need advice Badly!

Hello to a my saviour’s in ILGM Land, and I did disappear due to depression from circumstances that come back to haunt me this time of year. I am better, yet I implore all your tips, advice, ect. I am cloudy from PTBI, and keeping up on all the do’s/don’t between them has become very challenging. How should I do this, so it’s the easiest to the good samaritans. I can take a pic ASAP of each one; so when I need advice/feedback it can be given. For example, I am growing Blackberry Kush. Some say do not top, yet others write to do so every 3rd/4th node. Once again,please let me know how to present this to get help without being dump. Currently, I am growing Blackberry Kush, Black widow, Bianca, Granddaddy Purple, Gold Leaf, Purple Haze, Chronic, and I recently harvested Waikiki Queen. Please set me on the proper course, so I don’t make any more moronic mistakes. I am very grateful to any feedback. This is a pic of the Waikiki, but I didn’t make a bone head mistake over doing my grow info till recently when I realized I was in quicksand lacking the knowledge needed to have them develop effectively.20181017_113155

2 Likes

I forgot to mention they are all photo sensitive, yet I am planning on turning them according to feedback. In conclusion, the chronic is in the early stages of budding. The power went out because F.P.L. was doing maintenance, yet all stayed in veg except the one. Thank you to the grow community, for anything that will benefit the grow. Greatfully, me

@S.FloridaSwampman
Topping helps control height and causes plant to bush out a bit more instead of growing straight up so if you growung indoors it helps imho
It also increases flower sites

You want to top them when have 4-5 nodes I personally do it at five

how are you doing things currently ? Indoors or out pot sizes etc

2 Likes

This is a good read

3 Likes

I would top at least once for indoor. Also to help with overall size you might consider flipping the lights to 12 12 at week 6. That will also help keep the plants at a manageable size.

2 Likes

I was not clear in what I wanted to convey. Each new strain I have grown has a special need, or trick to maximize the outcome. I am just saying hello, and preparing for future questions I will need help from the forum

3 Likes

Happy New year to all

1 Like

Happy new year brother we are here if you need help

I appreciate your help with a question about the Blackberry Kush I am growing outdoors. Please tell me your position on toping not toping? I hope I did the right thing but I am pruning it. This question could probably be answered easier with a picture, so when I get home from my dr.'s office I
will snap a picture. Again, thanks for the hospitality.

1 Like

I personally too all my plants once per grow the train and prune as needed when outdoors your plants will grow large either way since you have a long veg cycle

I grow mostly indoors now but even outdoors I top mine once I’m not a big fan of topping multiple times myself

You can look I into scrogging if height is a issue and you want to keep plant lower
If it’s not a issue let them grow

Pruning is a good way to open the canopy up to air flow as well
I will normally take all the small lower stuff of my girls but don’t over do it only a little at a time :+1:

1 Like

I am home, so here are my two failures. The Chronic is the only one that started to bud because power went out to my house in the middle of the night, so FPL could do maintenance. My kitchen nightlight that emits light to the patio during dark periods went out. In addition, I read somewhere not to pruned it, yet it was after my hands got on it. Secondly, the Blackberry I think I was wrong in pruning too. Please give me feedback; therefore, I can log it for future grows.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback on the questions I presented. There is a bountiful amount of knowledgeable good samaritans that keeps my questions answered with sound advice every time.
Greatfully,
Me

I really don’t see any problems with you gals. I’m a pruner indoors, cause I like the results I’ve gotten. Outdoors, I tend not to prune. The bugs and other crap tend to do some damage to the plants, and you always need the extra leaves. Plus the sun gives you multiple angles through the day hitting the hidden bud sites. You’re in great shape, so don’t waste a moment on worrying further.

2 Likes

I concur with both points of logic, yet I concur with you with the results down below the freeze line. It seems the extra leaves produce nice buds on the lower branches by harvest on the majority of strains I have grown. Each has it’s positive & negative aspects, but a lot of leaves puts me in a higher statistical chance of infestation of pests. You both gave me what I needed to make an informed decision. I don’t think I mentioned previously that I can not let them get bigger than 2.5 gal pots of soil maximum because of laundry list of handicap/Disabilities. I was shaky, but this is a pic of a Waikiki queen bud I harvested last month that was in the 3’6" range. I read a while back where someone retorted that serious growers would not plant in less than five gallon pots, so I guess my aspirations will never come to fruition. In conclusion, just before I start the budding in the majority of my strains I crack the branches by eye to decent success limiting the humidity/bug infestation statistical pitfalls with a high density of foliage. Thanks again20181017_113155

2 Likes

Possible confusion, so let me clarify. The bud in the pic was not the length given in previous post. It was the total height of the plant when I harvested the bud in pictures above that’s out of focus.

I have a similar situation. Went to a timer (flowering stage) because I was away for Thanksgiving. What I didn’t know was the timer had a small night light attached, so my girl was getting a small amount of light during what should have been its dark period. Happened for 4 days like that. How do I correct? Or by resuming 12/12 cycle, will it be ok?

Hello @Landeris, It’s good to meet you, and I will be back on after I take a few pics& stitch my finger before I run out of my window of time. I promise to respond tonight, yet pardon my slow response time. Things have been a little queer lately, so it has thrown my schedule out of wack. Thanks for your understanding, and I will try my bedt to get you back in track again. Respectfully,

1 Like

Hey Swampman, no problem. Seems to be just fine, probably over reacted. Thanks