Help, humidity ranging 70-80°

My girls are about two- three weeks from harvest. Humidity has shot to 70-80°. Got exhaust on high with all fans on high even in dark period. Ordered dehumidifier but won’t be here till weekend. Have I ruined my crop? Anything else I can do?

Humidity is evil. I know that you can buy charcoal, like for the grill, and that will collect moisture from your room. Buy a bag, and slit it open and put it in a corner or somewhere to draw in the moisture…not sure but I think cat litter can help a little too. Or maybe buy a bunch of the already prepared damp rid things and put them around?

3 Likes

You can get a product from the store called damp-rid, it’s a powder that collects moisture. Works extremely well, it’s a solution for right now.
Here it is from amazon:
DampRid FG50T Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber, 4-Pound Tub
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029EGUNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hgYLzbVYYP7CD?tag=greenrel-20

5 Likes

Thanks, found it at store without having to wait two days

4 Likes

Out of likes, but I’m really glad I could help. The other option is to make a home made air conditioner/dehumidifier with ice and a bucket and a fan.

@Laurap what size light and type and what type of ventilation do you have? Bigger grow lights cause more heat but bring down humidity, also over sized ventilation systems suck out more humidity. Moveing from a 6-8 inch inlfan makes a world of difference.

1 Like

Using hps and was running exhaust on low while sleeping but since this humidity thing running on full. I’ve got two 6 " fans inside. Dehumidifier here Sunday till then I made a can w/ charcoal covered with foil punched holes all around and will know if it helped.
Is this going to hurt the my girls.? I know if it continued it would but if humidity has been too high for couple weeks any idea of outcome?

1 Like

Hard to say what the out come will be, I’d look into a bidder fan for exhaust.

1 Like

It’s just that it’s rained nearly all month with humidity going crazy. Just with dew point outside @72° making heat index 103-107°

Remove the foil and it will work better.

1 Like

Thanks dehumidifier comes tomorrow. I’ll take top off, it only brought humidity down couple degrees covered

Ok, opened charcoal humidity’s at 65° which is a big improvement. They weren’t wanting water, freaking me out. I see soil drying noe

2 Likes

If you put a baking sheet (or whatever will fit) of charcoal in the tent, uncovered, it’ll do wonders. It will need to be changed frequently though, just monitor the %

2 Likes

Are you talking about regular charcoal briquets or lump charcoal work as good or better?

I actually think the briquettes are more porous, and the cheaper the better. Those “good” ones that burn for a long tome are denser…

1 Like

Opened can of charcoal last night and humidity went down to 70°. Tonight I’ll place on sheet and dehumidifier is supposed to come today. Keeping fingers crossed!

Thanks @Whodat66! We are in the the first week 12/12 with the lights and the temp/humidity has been at 77/53. Thinking that humidity should be in the 40s.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know what happens with mine. We’ve had a rainy humid Sumner her & I’ve fought ever since flowering but this last week couldn’t get below 70° so ordered dehumidifier and using charcoal for now it’s dropped to 60s per cent

1 Like

Got dehumidifier today. Already put in tent while girls are sleeping. It has a green light that I covered up for fear of any light. They get up @ 8pm so then I’ll have a better idea.

1 Like

Feed girls & humidity is down to 69% and Reservoir already had almost a qtr inch of water. I’ll check again & see if it’s come down anymore. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Freaking bad as I’m in end of week 7 flowering.

1 Like