Help Guys! My autos just refuse to rippen

Hi guys! I need help and input in my garden. This is my second run at autos and my girls dont seem to rippen after a long wait. My last run took about 14 weeks till I cut her down. This time my plant is 12 weeks old already and by her looks she seems to be in mid flower. I don’t know if it’s my temps that causing the slow growth rate. My grow room has an air conditioning unit that keeps temps around 25C under d light and around 16C in the pot. I grow in coco with a 600 watt hps. Any clues to why my plants take so long to grow? I’ll post pictures later.

2 Likes

Flip them to a 12/12 light schedule …
Should get things rolling… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

They veg longer in coco so that might make flower time seem longer .

1 Like

oh i know the answer to this question!!! because they are autos! i only grew autos 4 times but i did see that they never did the same thing twice. i had a run that took 15 weeks once

3 Likes

Thanks @peachfuzz I noticed my autos flip from week 6 which is no problem. Bud development is usually at a slow and steady rate with no nute issues. It jus that they don’t get ripe even after 15weeks from sprout. My light schedule is a bit irregular. They receive more than 18hrs of light, sometimes 24hrs and sometimes less 18hrs but never less than 12hours in a 24hour window. Can my irregular light schedule delay ripening? I was thinking autuos flower regardless of the light schedule. Or cud my Temps be responsible?

1 Like

I noticed that. Thanks

Sometimes I wonder how the guys on YouTube do seed to harvest in 10weeks

1 Like

:rofl: do you mean professional growers with the best setups? lights soils nutes? if so thats why

2 Likes

Perfect conditions.

3 Likes

U should talk to @Not2SureYet
He does coco and great at what he does . I think he should be able to help you

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag @9ernation :grin: When I first started with autos. I could count on a plant averaging around 14 weeks. Start to finish. I am not sure if it is the new seeds out that have changed that. I am having to add 2 to 3 more weeks for most of my auto flower times. I am doing a Bloody skunk now that is supposed to be a 9 week. Start to finish. She is on week 11 now with about 5 more weeks to go :grin: I pretty much average the same time to grow a photo vegged for 7 weeks as a auto.
I am going to say from my own experience. Playing with the light schedule doesn’t hurt these. My first grow. I probably changed the lights every 4 days. Trying to decide what I wanted to use. I did 4 autos that way. And finished with 23 1/2 oz between the 4. All nice looking plants. So I don’t think that is the issue. I think you just got one of those that drag out their flower time is all. I have a Bubblegum right now that should be finished in about a week. It too looks like it has about 5 weeks left to go :roll_eyes:
The best I can say is to try and be patient :grin:

4 Likes

Its called forced flowering and it will get the plant to finish , right now I think it’s in limbo…
I would have lights on a timer and force them to finish…
Just me… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Wow! Feels good know I’m not alone in this. I guess patience it is. I’m growing a Moby dick XXL auto. She the one with bids while the rest are amnesia and blueberry autos at 8 weeks old. The XXL in it might account for a lengthy flowering period. Another question please, when I put my thermometer in my pot, the temperature of the coco is around 16C, is this too cold for my roots? I use an air conditioning unit to balance the Temps under the lights but below the canopy is usually very cold. Cud d low Temps affect bud development?

1 Like

OK. A little less light it is then. :+1:

2 Likes

Hey bro, just wondering where you managed to get seeds from, I’m in Ng as well…need a seed plug :slight_smile:

Send me an email

@skinnieboi10 just a fyi. You are not supposed to add any personal info here like your e-mail addy there :+1:

Please review community guidelines before posting again @skinnieboi10

I’m so sorry guys. I forgot the rules. Been a minute I posted here. My bad

2 Likes

let me see if I can send you a direct message