HELP! Growing too tall

I bend them over. Secure the branches with zipties and paracord. I force the plant to grow horizontal. Once the Cola has enough weight, you can release them and they should stay put. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Next time start training early

3 Likes

How early do you recommend?

Hello pal.
Lose the light hangers and use the rope ratchets direct onto your light hole fittings. Your be able to take the light to the top of your tent

photo to help explain what I mean. If your not into flower. They some super cropping, gently massage the stem between thumb and forefinger ti soften the stem and then bend over to 90 degrees. You may need to support the branch. A SCROG net is really useful to spread the plant out instead of up and also support branches after super cropping

3 Likes

She did…the light is now on the ceiling. She said earlier the light has now been moved but the picture was taken before. I think with some bending she’ll be all right.

2 Likes

Ah I see. Yeah I read the picture more than what she wrote haha. My bad.

On my next grow ,I will be starting lLST and twisting tops after 3rd node

I used either heavy duty zip ties or cable ties depending on what you call them. You probably have to put more than one together to get it all the way around the pot. But they work really well to get the canna-tie or what-ever else you want to use to tie down your plant on it and leave you some room to adjust the ties fairly easily.

I used it on opulent grow bags to sew the zip ties on. I would think it would work on those as well but honestly I have not used those so not sure how sturdy the fabric is but the opulent people didn’t recommend the sewing when I emailed them about it honestly. They told me it could break the pot if I put holes in it. However, there are many growers I know who either poke holes in their grow bags to put thread straight through for LST tying straight to the stems or even to put stakes through right at the top which seems slightly more damaging than simply sewing a zip tie on. The method has worked so far for me holding down the branches but I look forward to hearing from others if they try it out.

I am going to try to tackle this tonight and will update with pictures.

So this is an update of how everything is going. I ended up doing two and have to do two more tomorrow. How does it look?

2 Likes

Paper clips :paperclip::paperclips:

Paper clips? Where? I bought binder clips too

I thought they were talking about paper clips wen they said binder clips , which is why I put the emoji of a paper clip up :paperclip: so u could get a visual. But of course I didn’t even think they could be talking about ‘binder clips’, the black ones (used for binding think bundles of loose leaf papers) Sorry if I confused anyone :woman_facepalming:t2:

Where would I put them? On the bottom? @Airies11

I think its looking good so far. You might even be able to get the tallest branch down alittle further eventually gently bending it a bit further and adding another tie out a bit further down the stem and tightening the one you have. Just kinda feel the stem and everything so that your not breaking it but as you bend it more it’ll sort of like the way its going. I constantly bend and add ties as my plant grows to keep my stems/buds going where I want them throughout the cycle and expose them to the most light.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I was shaking down this because I was so worried i wa s doing something wrong lol. But I looked this AM before I turned the lights off and it appeared I they were almost back up again so I’ll definitely have to add more. Thanks so much for help!

1 Like

its always great when you get to see your work paying off and the girls turning back up towards the lights. Good luck with the rest of the tying hope that it goes as good as the first set. Just try not to stress the stems out to much and they will love all the new light they get to see when they turn back up.

…’along the sides of the rim, so u have something to tie ur Zip ties/ string/ pipe cleaners/etc too’…
If that makes sense? Iv read you’ve been reading and taking on the advice of ILGM experienced growers. That will keep u in full stead on rite path. They’ve helped me plenty, I’m on my 6th week of my first ever grow.

I’ve been using yellow string I tie into circles and can put along by just sliding it on and trying it on the zipties that way I can then put my canna-tie or pipe cleaners whatever I’m using through that and I can still slide it along the zip ties pretty easily. I tried the Binder clips for awhile but I couldn’t get the maneuverability/ strength I necessarily wanted from them for some of the bigger stems when I was getting into larger plant LST but they definitely worked for me for awhile. Its fun trying out new ways to get your plants to do what you need them to do. You just kind of have to follow where the plant wants to go most of the time.

1 Like