Help from cannabutter or cannaoil chefs please

I’ve been growing and cooking for about a year now. I have smoked now for about 40+ years, and still do some, but have found edibles more enjoyable, as has the wife, who won’t smoke at all. We love my caramels, brownies, and choco-chip cookies. My question - Does cannabis infuse equally as well in either solid coconut oil or basic store-brand butter? I have heard European butters or Ghee are the best, but I’m thrifty(wife says cheap). I’m fat, and need to get off the extra calories of snack food, so capsules are my next project. Can any of my forum members comment on whether butter or oil works better for infusions? I think I have all I need to do the capsules, just want to get the most bang for the buck (actually, the work)involved. Thanks.

1 Like

An aside of sorts, but something to think about.

I make hash out of my buds. I take what doesn’t get shaken out through the mesh and make tea bags from it. I use about a teaspoon of keif per teabag and it is really enjoyable.

I made this today -

2 Likes

Tagging @GreenJewels.

She is a pro :slight_smile:

1 Like

It infuses best in coconut oil or ghee/clarified butter. For capsules, you can even use MCT.

2 Likes

You’re using just keif for tea?
I’d always assumed water would never really get hot enough to fully convert the thca to thc.

Do you actually get “High”?

Thanks @Bluedonut09 but @blackthumbbetty is the pro for sure :+1:

1 Like

I do get a good buzz. It’s a bit different of a buzz though. It’s certainly not as strong, but it is a more energetic high and it lasts a lot longer.

1 Like

I knew it was one of you but could not remember which one :slight_smile:

1 Like

The main reason I use coconut oil is when squeezing out the liquid from plant material I get more out using coconut oil over butter so that reduces my losses.

Adding sunflower lecithin (2 tablespoons) to your butter will help the liver metabolize it and as a result get more high.

I shake kief, decarb the leftover, add (measured amount) flower, decarbed, and use that. But I always start off by making kief using the dry ice method.

2 Likes