Help from anyone! First grow! Seedlings

@Tdevine as it dries, it smells less like hay. When it is dry, it won’t smell much, unless you give the buds a squeeze, then it smells wonderful again. I’ve jarred mine now, and when I burp the jars, it smells better.
I have a Bruce Banner I chopped July 13, if I open a jar of that, it smells like good bud again, no hay smell.

3 Likes

It’s been 4 days and it smells so bad in there. It’s almost like a disappointment. I sure hope it gets better! Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

What are the temp and humidity in there? You have air movement and exchange?

Mine took 5 days to dry, 2 plants in a bathroom with the fan on door closed. Slight hay smell still in day 4, if my memory serves…but that was 4 days ago, you never know at my age!

2 Likes

Temps and humidity are perfect! One fan blowing ( not on the plants) and bedroom door has been shut the last 4 days. No air exchange really.

2 Likes

Its just the chlorophyll gassin off. Very offputting smell but as mentioned, when u jar em up, forst time u take them out is more indicative of how theyll smoke. Longer u cure, better the terps generally

4 Likes

Possibly problematic - you still want fresh air in there to discourage mold from having an uninhibited opportunity to replicate and take over your buds. Just heads up.

3 Likes

Curious about when your last watering was before the chop? I watered water only at 7.0 yesterday and plan on chopping Sunday at 4 pm before lights on. Ive heard if they have been watered it takes longer and can sometimes contribute to the hay smell as there is more internal plant moisture to gas off with the chlorophyll

1 Like

I watered the day before I chopped them down. They have been drying 7 days so far and getting close to being done. The hay smell finally almost gone!

3 Likes

Next time you grow and chop, don’t water 3 days prior to knowing you are going to harvest. It will help with the dry time and the smell.

2 Likes

Unless you WANT to slow down the dry! Again, it depends on your environment.

If you have low rh, don’t skip the water and do a dry trim, keep moisture in the plant matter to extend the dry time.

If you live in an area of high humidity, don’t water them for the last 3 days and do a wet trim.

Either way, air movement around the buds and air exchange in the room when drying is important to prevent mold.

5 Likes

Started trimming today!!

7 Likes

Very nice :ok_hand: :+1: :clap: :grinning:

1 Like

Excited for my 2nd grow! So far so good. Transplanted to 3 gallon fabric pots. Used Ocean Forrest soil for transplant. Started in Happy Frog solo cups. Decided to top one and train the other!

5 Likes

Right on Grow Sis! Looking happy and healthy :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

:point_up_2: I bet this monster rolled a few fatties :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Both plants are still doing great :blush:

1 Like

Is this normal though?

1 Like

Yes it is… Just make sure no leaves touches the soil and you’ll be good, imo! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Kaptain!

1 Like