Help from anyone! First grow! Seedlings

Sorry I’m late to the post Growmie, nothing to add that @PurpNGold74 mentioned :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of growing feminized seeds, n the pitfalls that come with them. U always have to b on the look out for such problems, for the entire grow with fems. So sorry for the loss, it’s pretty devastating the first time…r anytime really. Hope u gots it n time to save the others, but there is a good chance ur other ladies gunna b dudes, I would b planning accordingly From the sound n looks of things a through cleaning is n order also. If u like to peek n on what’s growing on n the tent after hours, get ur self a green head lamp, r pin light. The ladies aren’t effected by the green light spectrum, u can sit with them as long as u like, for whatever reason. I wish u nothing but good luck proceeding forward. Stay lit… :fire::peace_symbol:

1 Like

It absolutely is! :sob: My dad still thinks we can keep it and at least get some smoke from it! I think we should throw it away! But he can’t grasp the concept of throwing weed away even if it has seeds! He said he’s been smoking weed with seeds in it for 60 years now :joy: (so he’s looking at it like it’s okay, don’t throw it away!) Actually I think he’d be more heartbroken than me if I did toss it! Anyways I checked the other 2 plants today with my microscope and I don’t see any nanners at all, so I’m really hoping they will be ok! Also the dehumidifier works great! It’s a 22 pint and I set it for 55% ( does that sound good?) Humidity went from 64 to 55 in no time!

1 Like

Hey everyone! Hope everyone has a great 4th of July! I just wanted to share the good news. I did get my dehumidifier last night and set it up about 45 minutes ago. If you remember I was struggling with humidity in the room being between 60-70! Well dehumidifier is a 22 pint and it’s only been on for the last 45 minutes if that and it works great :grin: I set dehumidifier for 55% ( if anyone thinks I need to lower it please let me know!) Well already humidity is at 54% Also checked the other 2 plants with microscope and I don’t see any nanners!

2 Likes

I feel ur old man’s pain, can still remember buying a “lid”, n the first order of business was deseeding. Lay it out on ur tray n give a little shake n watch’em roll. Then weighing to c how many unwanted seeds, of differing size n shape, u just purchased, ooh the memories. RH sounds great, really looks like u got control of that issue, with that beautiful new dehumidifier. Don’t let ur guard down with ur other ladies, they can lull u into a false sense of security…I’ll head back to the corner shadows, great looking grow u gots growing on. Best of luck, keep on doing what ur doing, it’s working…stay lit, n peace.

1 Like

Hey everyone! So since my Hermie issue, I have been checking my other 2 ladies (I hope) a few times a day. But anyways I’m not sure what I’m looking at as far as boy or girl parts. So I’ve taken a few pictures and would really love y’all’s help letting me know if it’s still a girl. Also dehumidifier is awesome! Best thing I’ve bought! I’ve even lowered humidity to 45%. It is tho filling up daily! Was wondering if I could use the water from the dehumidifier to water my ladies? Any suggestions? Okay, thanks again for everything!!!

And a few top pics

@PurpNGold74 @kaptain3d @The_Chef @Spudgunn@AlienBrew @AlienBrew @OGIncognito

4 Likes

A few more

2 Likes

To be completely honest?

These spots look pollenated. Which in the big picture? Isnt much! The couple pistils available at the time the hermie was in there definitely have ambered too soon. But the ‘colas’ are untouched. So majority of your bud will be good :poop:.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 I just added 3 more pics. Do they also look Hermie? Should I pintch those parts off or just leave them? Thank you so much!

1 Like

I dont see any kind of sacs. Pollen sacs look like balls on the end of little stems out of the larger stems. Nanners are also a problem but look like bananas sticking out of the calyx.

What I am seeing is swelling calyx with amber pistils. At this stage your uh oh antenna are correct. Those calyx are not regular. They are making seeds thus swollen very early. No harm tho. Its only in a few places. And not in the main producing locations.

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Thank you so much for your help! This is my first grow and I have learned so much, especially with the help of y’all! So just to make sure, are you telling me that I’m okay and nothing to worry about? Last question, today is day 28 since the flip, will my buds grow a lot bigger than they are? Thanks again!

3 Likes

Yep, they will TRIPLE in size! You probably have 6 to 8 weeks to go!

My Bruce Banner auto May 25th, June 3rd, and again June 19th

I should take more pics than I do, that’s the most recent of her! Her buds are massive right now, just waiting for some amber! I trimmed off most of her leaves and she only gets 6 ice cubes daily just before lights out.

3 Likes

@Spudgunner Did you get a chance to check out the pictures I posted about trying to figure out if they are girls or boys? Do you think they will be ok? Thanks :pray:

2 Likes

@kaptain3d Hey kaptain! Thanks for also taking a look at my other 2 plants. At this point (28 days since the flip), would you finish the flowering stage? I guess I’m a little confused whatever they are still girls or hermied? Or girls that got a little pollen on them that will be fine! I hate to lose my last 2 :sob: Also can I use the water from my dehumidifier to water my plants? I read that you can, it’s the same as distilled water, I just want to make sure!

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 called it, them calyx will develop immature seeds, no big deal. Ur still weeks out, plenty of time to stack them buds. U can use the water from the dehumidifier for ur ladies.I also noticed some spotting on ur leaves, there from the dehumidifier most likely.

4 Likes

@AlienBrew As long as it’s no big deal, I’m happy! I also noticed the white spots on a few leaves. They seemed to just rub off with a little water though. :thinking: But dehumidifier is working great. I pray my ladies will be a successful grow :pray: Seems I’m learning something new everyday!

3 Likes

@AlienBrew and @PurpNGold74 got you very well covered my friend… :wink:

2 Likes

Ur doing an excellent job, cool ur jets n enjoy the process of growing ur own. Ur ladies will tell u if any problems r heading ur way. N the forum has ur back.I used a dehumidifier for about a week before figuring that was the cause of the spotting. Also with fems, as u found out, a little more effort is warranted as they mature. Nature of the beast is what it is.

Here’s a couple full blown hermaphrodite’s, blew up 4 weeks into flower. Four BB, time n effort, dirt, n nutes, gone. It is what it is. Promptly executed to 2 offenders, with premeditated hacking n slashing. N gave the guy n the mirror a good talking to. For buying them dam seeds from a different bean house :peace_symbol:…n stay lit :fire:

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

I’m still kicking myself in the butt!

1 Like

Sorry @Tdevine brain is tired today, but the others have you right, you still have girls! And in 6 to 8 weeks, they will be mature ladies!
Here’s a hermie pic, courtesy of @Spiney_norman

Even if you get some seeds, don’t toss the weed. I read in this forum where people tossed their weed because it had seeds in it, they thought it would be crap! If that were the case, we never would have started smoking years ago, all we could get was that seedy Mexican or Columbian stuff! Seeds from a true hermie plant, toss them. Seeds from nanners, keep, they will be feminized.

6 Likes