Help from anyone! First grow! Seedlings

Hey guys! Sorry everything seems to be going good. I did give them their first Bloom Feeding yesterday. Only started with half of recommended dosage. But anyway my question is, is it safe to do a little feeding of epsom salt during Bloom Stage? Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Update: Day 16 since the flip. All seems to be going okay. I have noticed quite a few leaves turning yellow and falling off. Next watering will be tomorrow. Was thinking I should add a little epsom salt to help with the yellow? Just a thought :thinking:
Pictures from today!

2 Likes

@Tdevine that or a CalMag supplement.

1 Like

Your new growth looks good Sis so I wouldn’t worry too much about those few yellow leaves. If you see it get worse then maybe some epsom. 1g per gallon should do.

2 Likes

Sorry im really new to this, and liked your response here. I just have my first one going, ever. its sprouted but i think i may be watering too much. the pointed two leaves look green, but the two rounded leaves are starting to show some yellow, turn yellow a bit. its only maybe an inch tall in total. should i stop watering so much? any advice on the parts turning yellow?

2 Likes

As seedlings they need very little amounts of water, like a ring around the plant just to make the soil moist but not wet, but the yellowing of the rounded leaves is relatively normal so wouldn’t worry too much about that! Welcome to the community :slight_smile: won’t find a better bunch guys anywhere else!

1 Like

Welcome to Cannadics Anonymous your newest addiction lol!! House full of Member Therapists!!

These are your cotyledons and they shoulder the load getting a seedling started and are the first leaves to be shed so no worries there. :seedling::white_check_mark:

You got this!!

4 Likes

When they are that small, you only need to spray the inside of a clear plastic dome (top cut off water bottle or clear plastic cup) and place it over top. That’s how little water they need when they are little!

2 Likes

Did anyone answer the red stem thing? Yeah, thats totally normal for seedlings. Im not a huge fan of the dome thing, because it can also grow things that may not be ideal like mold. Also, it can induce damping off.
The ideal scenario is to use a graduated syringe to water a few ml in a circle about an inch away from the seedling. This causes the roots to reach for the water.
Ultimately, the best way is to pre dampen all the medium before the seed is planted. And no I do not do the paper towel method. I place the seed on mildly pre dampened medium then sprinkle roughly 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch of the same material on it and mist it with a spray bottle. Place cellophane on the top and poke a few holes with a small nail in the plastic just so you get some air transfer. Thats it! Place in warm area until the seedling breaks the surface. Immediately remove plastic when seed cracks the surface. You will actually have a slightly higher successful germination rate doing it this way rather than the paper towel trick. The main reason is that when a seed cracks and begins to set root, it is not only throwing out tender rootlets that dont like disturbance, but also the plant is establishing up from down… interference with this process is not ideal. In addition, a seed that is properly sewn will either sprout or it wont. The paper towel method is ok if you want to see the root to determine if you should have enough containers, but solo cups or nursery containers are cheap as heck. Trust me I grow some of the best weed in Canada and have done so for many years.

These are seedlings ready to be trasplanted

3 Likes

Lol! I grew up in the Similkameen Valley, great growing season for outdoors, better than Vancouver rain!

2 Likes

So another quick update! Increased their feeding from 6ml to 10ml yesterday. They seemed to take to it fine. All are looking good (I assume)! PPM’s coming out ranged from 950 to 1,200. So I’m not sure if I should just water or feed on the next watering? And of course there is still the 1 out of 3 that is flowering slower than the others. Pics included. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks again everyone!

3 Likes

Damnnnn they’re exploding growmie!! We’ll done :clap:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

@Se7en Thanks! Can’t wait to see what are called sugar leaves? Or the frost? It’s definitely an exciting process! Struggle now would be if I’m suppose to be defoliating?!

2 Likes

Day 21 and day 42 after flip you can defol Sis. As far as what you’re doing with nutes I wouldn’t change anything. Your plants look absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes:

Just make sure your runoff stays around 20% :beers:

2 Likes

Just plan on a staggered harvest and let her move along at the pace of her choosing

4 Likes

@Fieldofdreams Good idea! Didn’t even think of that :person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yes I believe I can slightly see some sugar coming through on mine also, and yours looks about the same stage as mine maybe slightly ahead of mine, so your girls will start frosting up real soon grow sis you’ll see :heart_eyes: it is such a beautiful thing to watch! Ever since growing, I’ve appreciated every single aspect about weed a whole lot more, can’t bare to buy off other people anymore, I haven’t had any smoke for over 3 months because I refuse to buy off people, I’d rather wait, I do have some hash I made out my last cherry bomb, which isn’t too bad, doesn’t smell like the plant I grew though any more smells minty

1 Like

This the hash I made, cowboy made too not with the press or anything :rofl: in grease paper and a hot iron and some man muscle :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

Ignore the stump fingers :rofl:

1 Like

LOL @Tdevine that’s what I’m facing now! Have a Bruce Banner auto almost ready for the chopblock, my 2 photos are 6 weeks out and are different strains, probably will finish a week or 2 apart. And as soon as BBa gets cut, I have 10 to 14 small clones going into the 4x4 tent, forcing them into bud early so they can finish by end of September/early October. Gonna get crowded in there with 2 monsters and a ton of smaller ones! Wife wants to go to Italy in the fall, told her November once everything is done, so I can’t let them veg much longer!
I stagger around a lot, may as well have my ladies stagger around with me!

3 Likes