Help for new grower

I bought the beginner pack because I’m new at this growing my own supply. It came with AK-47, Bubble Gum and White Widow. I’ve been running 18-6 light schedule since March 17 and the description says all these strains flower in 8-9weeks. I’ve just recently switched them to 12-12 because I wasn’t sure what was happening and I heard auto could adjust to the light schedule.

1 Like

I moved your post to it’s own space so hopefully get more traffic.

Having pictures in natural light is helpful.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

You bought this pack?

1 Like

Lets see some pictures

Welcome to the community. :+1:

3 Likes

The Beginner Mix pack does not seem to be autos, so why are you talking about autos? Flowers in 8-9 weeks means once you start the flowering (by changing light schedule to 12/12) they take 8-9 weeks to be ready to harvest. Not that they start flowering in 8-9 weeks.

3 Likes

How big are they? What are you growing in / size?

So 12/12 means you are putting them into flowering if they were auto’s, they would’ve started flowering automatically. Seems like you’re going to have some pretty big plants. Are they showing hairs yet?

Yeah this is the pack, when I looked at the flowering chart it is the exact same flowering time of 8 weeks

Yeah they big already and I have a short tent…

I bought the same pack. Those aren’t autos. They’re feminized seeds.

2 Likes

@Zee ahhhhh shizzzz. Thanks for the knowledge

This tent is a little taller than 5’

1 Like

@DDGreenRay yeah they have hairs and looked like they are budding, thats what had me thinking they were autos :disappointed_relieved: lol.

So they have been vegging 16 weeks, in a 5’+ tent, it looks like maybe have 12" before they are into the light (which I can’t see) and filter. Does that about size it up? Any room at top of tent to move filter etc higher? About the only thing I can see happening is chopping it where the net is and flipping to 12/12.
Will it hermie if something that severe is done??? Maybe @MrPeat @Hellraiser @Cannabian @Oldguy can help

No likely not, but possibly? Yes the OP needs to leave at least half the height in the grow tent for stretch for sure!

1 Like

Autos don’t care about light schedule. Now photos they do. I run 12/12 start to finish with Autos and Photos. :+1:

He thought they were autos but are photos that have vegged for 16 weeks in a 5’ tent. He is coming for you :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

You cut 2 weeks before bloom, I cut mine in bloom as well as increased lighting and it put it into hermied process. From what I researched if you do cut while its blooming you take very little of fan leaves as possible otherwise youll trick your plant into healing what youve cut instead of producing buds.
If you cut/top now and go a week more or so you may prevent pain for yourself, if you dont cut it back at all and just go into bloom, your tops will produce and the bottoms will be empty, I believe as no light will get to them… I dont know what you should do to it so dont cut anything until you know for sure know, but id say figure that out first and go into bloom 12/12 light schedule and dont interupt the dark hours. Theyre ready, the hairs showing mean theyre mature enough to show you their sex now. unless your talking about the calyxs as being hairs which I thought was hairs on a female plant until I started the process but of course Thats just me, lol.

He is in a tough spot.
What is it “a rock and a hard place” damned if you do damned if you don’t, something along those lines. If you decide the only viable option is to cut, definitely give it some recovery time before going to 12/12. Have now idea how much it will stretch.

1 Like