Help!flowering too early?

Helllo everyone.Got a quick question and any advice would be appreciated.This morning I noticed my very young plants seem to be flowering.WTF?!?White Widow Autos.Temp and humidity are in check.Lightning is good as I measure with a PAR.Lighting cycle is 18/6.I sprout in a Peat Pot and transfer to a 5 gallon.I’ve grown several times this way with no issues up until now.I did transfer later than usual and noticed some roots hanging out the bottom of the peat pot if this helps any.I tried looking up the info but getting more people guessing than anything.Please help if you know about this.

1 Like

How young?
I have had autos start flower at barely 4 weeks from sprout.

Probably stressed and caused them to flower early. I never transplant autos. They break soil in their forever home.

2 Likes

Last auto I ran started at 3 weeks exactly and was done in 10 total. It was stunted from the beginning, but the ones before flowered in less than 5 and we’re done in less than 12 total.

2 Likes

They’re only 2 weeks from time of sprout.From now on I will start them out in their forever pot.

2 Likes

Did you still get a pretty good yield from the ones that started at 3 weeks?

No, but it was mostly my fault from the beginning. Planted late outdoor, over water. She was covered in rock hard nugs, but she stayed tiny. I have another of the same strain already half as big at 2 weeks. I don’t have much experience, but I think autos go into survival mode much easier than photos.

2 Likes

You never know, she could stretch the eff out on ya. My first started flowering at like 4½ weeks, only about 7 or 8 inches tall. She shot up to about 18”. Would have been close to 3 oz if branches hadn’t snapped early on.

1 Like

:point_up: :man_judge: :+1:

2 Likes

Wow.Guess I’ll just start the flowering nutrients then as suggested.Hopefully I’ll get that miraculous stretch too!!! I can’t even bring myself to toss em anyway wondering what could have been.I’ll repost the results in a few weeks.thanks

1 Like

Good luck growmie! May the weed gods bless your grow!!!

2 Likes

They start early most around week 3. Here’s how not to get a short runt auto.

Turn lights on 24/7 for 4 weeks then switch to 20/4 and have your soil and ph right from the start and plant in the pot it will be harvested in. I’ve grown white widow autos close to 5 ft topped like this.

3 Likes

Thanks!Blessings to your grow as well!May the Weed Gods bless us all!

1 Like

Great advice!Gonna give this a go!Tired of short fatties smh!Thank You Sir!

1 Like

Auto flowers will flower when they feel like it nothing you can do about it

Here is a white widow auto i done

3 Likes

I can’t quite make out the tops, but that’s new growth pics on the tops. Didn’t see any tiny pistils indicating pre-flower :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Here’s a better pic.Thx

1 Like

So basically you told me nothing and showed me a picture of your plant but how does that help my ?

Hey mate i told you auto flowers ,flower when they wont too you cant doin anything about it wat else were u expecting

2 Likes

Yep she is in early flowering, nothing you did to initiate this or could have done to prevent it. Around the middle of week 3 above ground is the soonest I’ve had one that resembles yours. If there’s a silver lining to the early flower is she will stretch some over the next several weeks. I would start some LST now to help with harvest yield since she went into early flower :love_you_gesture:. Lighting time duration won’t have any benefits, some will put them in 12/12 to initiate a stubborn one into flower but I would keep it at 18/6. I’ve ran different schedules from 18/6, 12/12, and 6/2 :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes