Help! First timer

When I look through a magnifying glass they all look milky to me.

1 Like

If they are all milky and none clear then you would be in the zone for chopping. Many here, including myself, will wait till there is some amber in the mix.

Bought an electronic microscope, I think they are maybe just turning amber?

1 Like

Still all milky but I think I can spot some amber in the sugar leaf trichs that are out of focus/in the background. Bet you’re within a week or so of chop.

2 Likes

A few more pics while learning how to use my $34 microscope. LOL! :grinning: Is the purple normal before turning Amber?

2 Likes

Damn dude! You’re really getting close now! Nice colors.

1 Like

For your phenotype, yep!

1 Like

Should I not water a few days before chopping?

Some will water only water for a few weeks to flush. It’s not necessary. Unless you’re some kind of super smoker, you won’t be noticing no difference. Some will cut the lights for 48 hours before chopping. I don’t, and again, not necessary. Lastly, some, including myself, will cut before lights on the day you’re cutting.

3 Likes

If you water before harvest, there’s more moisture in the plant - theoretically it will extend the dry time (good).

1 Like

Now there’s one that makes sense and I hadn’t heard! Right on @Graysin this will be the way I do it hear on out.

1 Like

Yep @Graysin has you covered. If you live in a humid climate, don’t water the last day and do a wet trim. If you are in a dry area and think the dry will be fast, water a couple hours before harvest and don’t trim.
The idea of “drying” isn’t just to get it dry, it’s to get it dry in 7 to 10 days so it can also start to cure. 60F and 60%RH is supposed to be the sweet spot, but I can never get that control, so I manipulate the drying time based on seasonal conditions and above techniques. Mine seem to be done around 5 days.
It’s like cooking a prime rib roast. Sure, you can blast it at 425 and cook it in 2 hours (tough), you can cook it at 265 for 4 or 5 hours (perfectly juicy), or you can cook it at 150 for 15 hours and ruin it (bud rot!).

3 Likes

Now Im hungry as hell!

LOL! I just checked the store flyers…prime rib roasts are on sale this week, thinking of picking one up for the weekend! The power of suggestion!

1 Like

Sounds logical.