Help first time grow autoflower!

Right guys got abit of a weird one here to me anyways.first of all I bought some sensi grow a and b not the bloom cause they ran out, but other day I flushed the plants till ppm was like the tap water and i fort id try put some of my new nutes which was about 2 litres , I put 1/4 of the amount it suggested with Nutes too checked them day after to me they looked alot better, I checked on them today they was really light and dry which surpised me, so i fort they need feeding and that feed I tried doing at the end of the flush didn’t work cause they was really light, so I fed them both about 5 litres each 1 just less than 1/4 Nutes to be k.

2 Likes

Right guys got abit of a weird one here to me anyways.first of all I bought some sensi grow a and b not the bloom cause they ran out, but other day I flushed the plants till ppm was like the tap water and i fort id try put some of my new nutes which was about 2 litres , I put 1/4 of the amount it suggested with Nutes too checked them day after to me they looked alot better, I checked on them today they was really light and dry which surpised me, so i fort they need feeding and that feed I tried doing at the end of the flush didn’t work cause they was really light, so I fed them both about 5 litres each 1 just less than 1/4 Nutes to be on safe side, got some run of, checked ppm, it showed - - - - - :joy: put the ppm stick in the water that was showing 600 so checked the run of again and both the pants was showing - - - - - to me thats that high it carnt read it.like I’m really confused anyone any ideas? I’ll get some photos of the plant tomorrow but they look okay to me they was just mostly light, so see what tomorrow brings :thinking: :joy: @Davyg @Covertgrower @Oldguy @kellydans @Suckerpunch @Eagles009 @Not2SureYet ignore the top one took that long to type i couldn’t edit it :joy::joy:

5 Likes

@Bongtoker.
Just make sure you water slowly and let it soak in. I forget how big your pots are. But you should be giving them enough feed /water to get some run off in the tray. Bout 10 % - 15 % keeps things fresh at the roots.
Less chance of salt build up. :+1:
:v::pray:

5 Likes

Do you have anything you can test your meter with. Bicarbonate of soda or similar. Just need a second opinion that the meter is good

4 Likes

Possibly check the battery in the meter.too. :thinking:

Edit. Just thought have you cleaned the tips ?
:v:

4 Likes

Errr I don’t think I do @Davyg I know what you guys a saying j was thinking the same the stick, but it’s been spot on and when I checked the water from out the tap was like 300 which is what it normally is and then I checked it when I put feed in read about 600 then the run of showed - - - - - put it back in water 600 :joy::joy:,

4 Likes

:thinking: what kind of meter do you have

It’s nothing special, I carnt show you it cause its in shed, but Its onlhly cheap one of amazon like 12 quid or somthing, I’ll try see if I can find it, but I got a ph one simular

1 Like

Was simular to these @Davyg

3 Likes

Yeah right it wouldn’t be out to do with me using bio bizz Nutes before switching to AN would it? @Oldguy @Davyg

3 Likes

Can’t really see switching nute lines causing the meter to not read correctly but I’ve never used either of those nute lines.
Maybe @kaptain3d could give his help for a moment. Think he’s used the AN before.
:v::wink:

5 Likes

That’s the meters I started off with. I never really trusted them. Can you alter the scale at all to a possible x10

4 Likes

I use AN but not the Sensi line. I believe @Hellraiser was using those…

5 Likes

Not sure on the nutrients, but I would definitely check the meter.

5 Likes

You can buy a standard conductivity solution to verify your meter. I would probably buy 2000 UMHO. And one 1000. I have an old conductivity meter which actually has a zero pot and a span pot. But very reliable.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I’m following what you’re asking, but they all seem to be following along so I guess it’s me :rofl:. Your water out the tap is 300? And runoff with 1/4 feed plus your 300 is giving you 600 out. Sounds reasonable. This is why my tds meter sits around collecting dust.

3 Likes

I was a little confused. But going by what @Eagles009 just posted. For me, the ppm run off is not that important for about the first 7 weeks. I am in coco. It takes a bit before every thing balances out there. I saw that your issue seems to be getting better feeding light right now. That may be the way to go for a bit. A little light on the feed will harm you less than to much. just my 02

6 Likes

Nope, only used the AN Connie line.

4 Likes

@kellydans and @Blackmoon and @Not2SureYet @Arrow and everyone else. New profile thanks to the help of admin here. Just wanted to say a big thank you to @kellydans - I finally figured out what your last message meant hahahaha took me a while. :woman_facepalming: So nice to see lots of friendly faces over there also. Top suggestion my friend xxx

5 Likes

What’s up @Ozzycrawl hope everything is well down your way. Haven’t got used to the new name yet.

4 Likes