Help first time grow autoflower!

Cool so do you mean to flush it with water first till ph is right and then hit it with some feed? Sorry I’m abit slow today :joy::joy:

4 Likes

@Bongtoker You got it. :+1:
Flush first then feed right away.
That way the roots should be in the correct ph range and a bit of feed to prevent any further def.
Save a bit on nutes too over flushing with a feed mix. :wink:

Personally I wouldn’t go in any more than 1000 ppm. ( 2.0 ec ) just to get things back on track again.

:v:

5 Likes

Cheers matey just about to do exactly that right now, hate this part i need bigger buckets and better drip trays :joy: burns my head out

4 Likes

Right Iv put about 30l ph water of 6.2 in each so 60l in total and the run of is 7.8 on one and 8 on the other :joy: god help me :sob: @Oldguy @kellydans @Davyg @Covertgrower

1 Like

I’m going to give them another 6l each, and another 6l with feed and call it a day see what next time brings :joy: backs killing​:joy:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Does this light cover

Hi mate welcome to the forum, helpful bunch here don’t know what I would of done without these guys, I’m only on first grow but I think that Mars hydro is suitable for the tent you have, mine was a 65cm square I had 3 plants and it was just crazy, so I ordered a 1.2m squared one, so if your in a 40 cm I guess you’d only get 1 plant in with lst

3 Likes

You’re doing fine @Bongtoker. My first grow was like a crime scene :man_facepalming: :rofl:
I’ve never flushed. I’ve had my fair share of lockout as well. If my pH is 6.0 then I go in high at around 7.5. Next time I water to runoff and see how she’s sitting :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Cheers mate, haha was it :joy: the joys of first grows ey :joy:cool okay mate, last run of, on the last water I did ph was 7.5ish on both and about 900ppm on both, quick question my tap water ppm is about 300/400, so if you was to aim like @Oldguy said 1000ppm would I do it 1400 with my water been around 400 if that makes sense and also same sort of thing with flush like say harvest time would you bring the ppm back down to 400 same as water or would it be a little bit higher with it been soil? Cause I can never seem to get it below 500 so just took it, that it was just the soil. I know you said you don’t flush like but guess you most prob know what I mean

2 Likes

@Oldguy hi mate just wondering what distance with the light you recommend with a cooled hood for flower? 600w Iv just switched it to superlumes as I’ll get different bulbs next time round, I think Iv had it pretty close maybe to close. Iv just moved it so its 35cm from tops of plant

3 Likes

@Bongtoker
With the cooled hood you should be good at 14 - 16 inches ( 35 - 40 cm ).
My 1000 is at just under 12 in( 30 cm ) and plant seems happy. Not showing any I’ll affects at this point. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
Btw. I can’t raise mine anymore or I’d have it higher. Closer to 16-18 in is where I’d prefer it to be but workin with the hand I’ve been dealt. :wink::joy:
:v::pray:

1 Like

@Oldguy Cool cheers mate its about that now. But I had it like 10/20cm away :joy::joy: they seemed fine though but yeah iv got it the highest it will go now, unless I remove the pulley but hopefully should be fine and you know when the pistils start turning colour, do the buds still grow? She’s a day short of 4 weeks reckon they’ll get any fatter?

2 Likes

@Bongtoker
They sure will. The last 3 or so weeks is when they put on the most weight and develop their smells and flavours.
:v:

2 Likes

You have to take the ppm of your water into account. Your water sits at 400 but that 400 ppm could be of zero use to your plants so instead of giving them 1000 ppm you’re actually only giving them 600. As for the flush it would be impossible for you to bring the PPM down below what you’re putting in. 400 is a good value for a flush as it is

1 Like

Cheers brother that’s good to know, hopefully see some fat stinky buds soon then :crossed_fingers:, it’s only been about 5 months :joy::joy::joy:

Cool cheers Davy abit of a piece of mind, I wasn’t to sure thats all, can I ask how come you don’t flush? , I think it was eagals what does the same thing,

I don’t have the space to flush as I’m in the loft. The thought of all that water up there gives me the fear. I’ve had two leaks already where it came through the ceiling :scream::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Ooooooo haha yeah I could imagine mate don’t think I would too. Wellll :rofl: id of most probably fell through ceiling by now :rofl: can you tell the difference in your smoke?

1 Like

I don’t really know what the first part is mate but doesn’t sound good, cool must be doing somthing right then :rofl: nice to hear good comments about your smoke. I know what you mean for memory mine is like a fish :rofl: I got brain damage from a car crash and a punctured lung also along with a few other broken bones but all recovered good tbh just got a memory like a fish :rofl: just got to laugh and ride through it, is what it is I suppose :+1:

2 Likes

100% mate, I just keep on keeping on. People laugh because I refuse to take any medication for any of it either :man_facepalming::man_shrugging::rofl::rofl:. I didn’t know anything about any of that top stuff either until I landed in hospital coughing up blood so I just need to be careful with my chest. It is what it is :sunglasses:

1 Like