Help - First Grow White Widow

I’m on week 4 of flower as of yesterday. Plant is exhibiting purple stems and discoloration of leaves. Growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Feeding molasses 1/ weekly, cal mag 2-3 times weekly, and seaweed/kelp mixture 2-3 times weekly. Am I feeding too much? Not enough? Feeding the wrong stuff? This is my first grow and I’ve been scared of messing it up since day 1 lol but now I’m beginning to fear we’re headed in the wrong direction and would like any pointers or advice you all have.

3 Likes

@closetqueenz welcome and they look good by the way

5 Likes

Thank you! They’re my babies lol will be bittersweet to cut them down but also can’t wait to smoke what I’ve grown. You wouldn’t be concerned with purple stems? Buds are a bit smaller on that plant with the purple stems opposed to the other 2 girls in the tent.

I messed up and planted 5 for my first time grow. All white widow but eventually I ran out of room so I have 3 but only one of them has that purple stem. 2 of her larger stalks are purple. Should I add some bone meal to her soil?

1 Like

Hi there. What light and true wattage are u using? Your ladies are doing ok. The purple is in her genes. I love when mine go purple and show fall colors. No worries.Are you using any nutes? What is your ph going in? Are you testing your runoff numbers? These numbers are important to know what nutes and how much to use.
PaOjtXFCVqp5Q8g0si

3 Likes

Hey right now on every other watering (they’re usually getting a gallon of water each every other day sometimes every two days). I use bloom city cal mag and clean kelp on every other watering, sometimes on each watering. I follow the bottle instructions for bloom just started giving them the higher end of recommended dosage for bloom. 10ml kelp 5ml cal mag per gallon. They are getting well tap water ph going in is around 6.5 naturally. Every so often probably each week they get 5ml unsulphered molasses with their water as well. sometimes I have to use ph down. I haven’t tested run off water yet although I do water them until there is run off each time and usually a gallon is their sweet spot most times. Sometimes I’ll have to give a little more to one here and there. I am running 2 mars hydro ts 1000w 3x3. What else would you recommend nutrient wise? Not only for this grow but future as well. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Also they have had earthworm castings twice and I used mycorrhiza when transplanting them.

1 Like

I’m not sure this will help by I grew out a pheno of white widow called 90’s Dutch outdoors and around week 5 of flower the stems and leaves especially underneath and even some of the pistols started to take on a plum hue …your white widow looks healthy to me …and just like a plant nearing its end maybe …some strains can start plant fade as far away as 5 weeks from harvest
I don’t really see unhealthy growth anywhere rather just an overall general greenish yellowing happening and I can swear your plant is just starting to use all the nutrients it’s built up over its life …
There are much wiser than me here that I have learned a lot from maybe they will stumble in

2 Likes

I would say you need some kind of bloom nutrient I use foxfarm tiger bloom

1 Like

The supplements you’re using probably aren’t covering entire spectrum of required nutrients for your plants. Calmag is probably calcium nitrate or calcium carbonate with magnesium and iron, molasses is more of carbload for microorganisms, and depending on kelp supplement is usually micronutrients and plant growth regulators. These are all great in their perspective places, but not designed to do the work of general plant requirements. You should be adding these to a base nutrient program.

The name or brand of base nutrients you use isn’t important, they will all work if used properly. But prices and amount of help you can get vary a lot. I would do your diligence and get setup with some base nutrients that you feel are a good fit for you.

1 Like

Thank you all.