Help finding the right meter

I’ve got some questions couldn’t find category for it I grow in fox farm I need to get a ph tester What’s a good one and what other testing do I need to do and what kind of testers do I need

1 Like

Do a forum search. The little magnifying glass at the top.
Search “PH Meter”
Its been discussed many times.
Same with soil tests

You’ll want a pH meter and a TDS/PPM meter. Apera makes some really good but pricey multi use meters. If money is no object, look at the one with the smartphone app.

Thank you

I bought a 45 dollar ph meter and it was junk then bought on for 15 and it has been working great so keep an eye on reviews

@JerryJ

Numerious PH n PPM Meter sets for $20 online. These are digital meters.
Pronged soil meters not so good. I don’t recommend those pronged meters.

Yeah I’ve looked the other day i knew I needed a ph tester i just didn’t know the other testers I looked them up last night they ran from 8 dollars to 300 hundred dollars thank you

I did have the stripes they worked ok but I was looking for something a little better

@JerryJ

From experience…strips not so gud. more betterer to see numbers that don’t require a color matching phase. Sides, I am half color blind. Seriously think most the $20 meter sets are made by two companies in china. So, look at the several different styles find one that looks good to you. Pretty sure the internals are all the same mgfr.
They will work great…UNTIL you let them drop in the water. Then they are good paperweights. Since me am clumsy, I keep a spare around. Learned the hard way. Took 5 days to get new one delivered. Muchly scarry unsettled time.

Several members use and recommend the $50+Meter. I am sure it’s worth the money, but, I can get 2 meter sets for the same amount.

I am cheap. I go to the burger places and ask for empty 5 gallon pickle buckets. Good for a live bait bucket, hauling small stuff around, and…grow pots. Saves me $5 at the big store places.

1 Like

Digital PH Meter, Wellcows PH Meter 0.01 PH High Accuracy Water Quality Tester with 0-14 PH Measurement Range for Household Drinking, Pool and Aquarium Water PH Tester Design with ATC (2019-Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TY8C5J4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VdjuDbMHXNRNE Water Quality Tester, Accurate and Reliable, HoneForest TDS Meter, EC Meter & Temperature Meter 3 in 1, 0-9990ppm, Ideal Water Test Meter for Drinking Water, Aquariums, etc. Amazon.com these are the o ones I’m using

I don’t mind to spend a little bit and a little bit is it if I can get one for 20 to 50 That’s ok above that is wasteful it thank you all

Ya I paided 45 for a ph meter and it was junk I got the cheap one above and it is working great

I bought a hanna and it has been working fine so far, i started with a yellow ph meter from Amazon worked for 2 weeks now its dead

1 Like