Help fan fell on drying buds they lost smell and become brittle

My fan in my room fell directly on these lil nugs of white widow on day 3.

Wife can smell them i smell card board box gonna cure can I light mist them or something before cure to bring back aroma. Continuing to break down cannabanoids and what not for potency

2 Likes

Don’t worry! They’ll still get you high. Temps look high as well. I personally have not had to deal with that. Not sure what to tell you. A lot of diff remedies on here.

But

I dry weed in brown sack all the time and smoke it. :crazy_face: You will be fine. If you do a search on curing bud, there is a wealth of info on here that will help you.

There will be folks here that will give you some tips. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I wouldnt spray them with anything,
Time will bring back smell as terps work their way up to the surface again.
I am assuming the fan was blowing on them directly for some time and not just that it fell onto the buds.
Whatever is gone is gone. Getting them wet will only open the door to possible mold.
You only lost surface terpenes and theres still plenty inside that will present themselves as time goes on.
Carry on like nothing happened and enjoy your work.

5 Likes

Happy Happy canniversary there brother!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you

Yes thats what I mean and fans crushed them down too

If you still have a plant growing, you can jar those buds and put a fresh fan leaf in with them. Just watch your humidity it can rise fast

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

What should temp and humidity be and if it fluctuates whats my low and high safe zone of each

60°F and 60% RH is the “Sweet spot” but as long as your below 70 and above 55% rh you’ll be OK. Can be hard to control depending on your location

Yeah it’ll be tough but thank you

1 Like

Next time you dry some buds if your temps and rh is similar to what you have now, try to dry with more stem attached or even whole plant. Will make a difference. I have to hang my plants whole to get a slower dry

1 Like

I definitely will definitely :+1:

1 Like

Ur buds dried to quickly and to low of humidity

I placed in plastic container beside damp paper towel in a cooler room of home.
Plus placed container inside dark cardboard box with lid on container hopeful humidity will rise.

I’m doing the same thing you are right now. I got some boveda packs hoping they would bring my rh back up, like every one says they will. They don’t seem to work like that, but since having the wet paper towel in there over night with the boveda in there with, my rh is at 60. And once they get moist again hopefully the boveda will hold them there

1 Like

U can only wait and see

1 Like

Morning update. After a day and half of being in container with wet paper towel and 67 gram boveda pack, all my containers are at 62 but one this morning and it’s at 58. All my buds are plumping up and not dry to the touch anymore. I only burped one time in almost two days and that was this morning to add a little more water. I plan to keep them in these Tupperware containers, probably for another day and then start the jarring process. Smell is getting stronger to.
My tent was at 35% rh when I was drying and I thought this would be ok. I didn’t think I should go buy a humidifier and was afraid the humidifier would make mold appear. I haven’t heard anyone say they use a humidifier when drying so I really didn’t know if I should’ve