Help? Entering week 10 Super Silver Haze - No flowers yet?

I’m fairly new to all of this, but feel like I have a decent handle on everything… that being said, I don’t know if I’m being impatient or doing something else wrong…

This is day 63 since planting this Super Silver Haze Autoflower with very few signs of flowering. Its around 36 inches tall, in a 5 gal fabric pot with Fox Farm soil. I’m using the VS1000 LED Grow Light at 100% for 18 hours per day (no change since planting). I’ve been using Bergman’s fertilizers and switched to Flowertime about 2 weeks ago (following the suggested schedule and some wishful thinking). I’ve kept temps between 68 F and 82 F and humidity on the higher side throughout as I live in a dry climate and read that SSH prefers higher temps and humidity. Its been a beast – growing like crazy with very few signs of distress (had the heater too close for a couple days and burned some leaf tips). I haven’t trimmed anything other than a few dying leaves on the bottom that probably weren’t getting much light.

This is my second attempt… I did everything wrong the first time and learned from it, but wasted 3+ months in the process. I’ve had success with a Bruce Banner AF but that seemed easy compared to this one – perfectly on schedule.

Anyway, am I doing something wrong or just being impatient? Is there a chance that these are not autoflower seeds (ordered from ILGM)? I’ve considered cutting the light to 12 hours to test but don’t want to screw it up. Should I try that or anything different?

Thanks for reading. Any advice is much appreciated!

1 Like

That would be your best move. Sometimes the gene that makes them autoflower is not as strong. On the high side, that is a big plant with lots of potential. When it starts to flower, it is going to get a lot taller/bigger.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
I’m still learning here myself but have you tried switching the lights to 12 12. I know autoflowers don’t need that light change but it could help getting yours to make that switch. Healthy looking plant though. Those fan leaves look huge. Have you started any training?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @dk10 :wink:

2 Likes

Solid advice. Thank you!

2 Likes

I agree 12/12 is probably my best move from here. Can you elaborate on the type of training you’re referring to? Guessing its to “train” the plant to grow in specific directions? I consider using the SCROG method here but felt it would be too much of a pain to water it in my smallish tent. I think I’ll try it next time though. Any advice? Thanks GrassMan!

I just threw my WW auto bag seed into flower at day 50. Doing the same thing yours is staying stuck in preflower. Flip to 12/12 and treat as a photo

2 Likes

Yeah some light or high stress training. I like to top or fim my plants early get those branches to stretch out and set up a scrog or just a basic net trellis. Keep the canopy even with the lights so you get better buds all around. I haven’t tried it on a plant yet but super cropping the main stalk if its too high. That’s basically bruising a part of the stem you want to bend at a 90. Pinching the stem but not too snap it. Tie that down and watch her grow everywhere else. Usually done during the veg time. And it might be time for a little defoliation. Pick n choose what leaves are covering the main bud sites and cut those off. If you don’t want to cut anything you can always tuck those fan leaves under too. Cleaning up the lower nodes that won’t produce much in flower. I’m still learning myself. I’ve only just started to do this kinda stuff to my autos.

3 Likes

Hope you have a bigger tent. You’re going to run into space issues if not

2 Likes

It seems like you can still do this with this plant since it’s still in veg. Keep it on the same veg time and try some stuff out the next couple weeks. You might need to if that’s your only tent.
Like @Bluntsmoke said

1 Like

You all are making some great points. I thought less might be more after my last experience but it looks like I’m going to need to do something if I want this harvest to turn out. I think first things first, I’ll get a bigger tent. Then probably install some netting or ties and maybe trim the bottom a bit before sending into flowering. Thanks for all the advice! Keep it coming! I’ll update in a couple weeks.

3 Likes

Will also mean more light.

@Bluntsmoke the last auto I grew was a Jack Herer and she didn’t turn over until 50-51 days. Certainly the largest auto I have grown.

1 Like

Hi there. if u get the bigger tent, a bigger light will be needed also. This is only a 100w. Good luck and have a great time with your new ‘happy hobby’

Thanks for the advice. I upgraded both the tent and light.

1 Like

I can’t find ssh in an auto on ILGM.
I agree :point_up:. 12/12 is your best bet.