Help dwc hydro issue

This my first dwc I use to do fill and drain and now I’m kind of regretting it lol but I know the yields are better so I’m trying to adapt. What is getting me is my roots all look great nice bright white fuzzy and getting that fish bone structure then boom they hit the Rez and they turn like that

1 Like

To me it looks like calmag deficiency and some possibly root rot. You need to get some beneficial bacteria in there.

yeah bud, id be finding a supply of hydroguard… :grinning:, its ok, you’ll sort it bud.

3 Likes

Hydro guard… on it :+1:t3: Thanks guys :pray:t3:

3 Likes

This can be an issue if you don’t stay on top of it. Hydroguard is really going to be necessary above 70F and 65F is kind of ideal. Roots can get stained by the salts in your bucket. Mine have more of an ivory color.

2 Likes

Hydro guard otw thanks to prime next day :muscle:t3:
My grow room is bonus room above garage it stays pretty cold in there 67-68 tent temps stay around 71-72 humidity around 70%

Is there anyone who can give me a rundown on recirculating dwc bc everyone is telling me this will solve majority of my issues. This single bubble bucket shit is kicking me dead in the nuts :man_facepalming:t2: I’m really hands on and can pretty much build anything I just have no idea what pieces I need to assemble one or should I just invest in a professional made one like from Growrilla??

3 Likes

RDWC will allow you to increase your standing reservoir from a bucket (3 1/2 gallons or so) to whatever size you like. The other thing it does is remove the bulk of the liquid from being heated by your tent interior. So rez lasts longer, better oxygenation of nutrient solution, cooler temps prevent root rot, and PH will remain much more stable. In late flower you will be chasing the PH all over the place and adding water daily, using a bucket.

I’m doing a bucket hydro but used an 18 gallon tote. This is something that makes a huge difference when growing hydro. That and a chiller and I’m set.

2 Likes

That’s what I hear so does anyone have any recommendations on building one or should I just save the hassle and buy a setup. Not really too concerned with saving money not rich just fed up with all these petty ass issues that seems to be self caused by my shitty choice in setups lol. I mean I can build one just need a blueprint and what I’ve seen on YouTube isn’t very helpful they show operation and setup but idk shit about plumbing or fittings I’m an electrician and was always told the only thing you need to know about plumbing is shit runs downhill and don’t chew your fingernails :man_facepalming:t2::joy:

1 Like

It’s frustrating bc all my young plants are thriving. Nice stature, growing nice perked up all the time and then the mature ones are droopy most of the time they’re turning like a copper color which I’ve never had happen before. Starting to think this bubble bucket shit is for the birds and I need to be doing recirculating instead.

1 Like

This is my redneck rdwc flower tote with built in chiller tank … they work like a charm… :+1::wink:

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Heres another pic…

2 Likes

Here’s one of my tables right now at 8 weeks from light flip with 6 plants in my rdwc system …

Plants are still looking plush and vibrant…
These systems are so easy to manage , its amazing …

3 Likes

If you use totes instead of buckets you can increase standing rez capacity which helps with PH swings later in the cycle. Those yellow-topped ones from HD work well and because they have a flat on them (instead of a bucket) you can get good seals using a Uniseal. Then it’s just a matter of getting the right length of PVC to run between them and your reservoir.

3 Likes

1 Like

Anyone recognize what’s going on here? never had this before.

2 Likes

Nitrogen toxicity.

How are your roots? There could be a root issue too…

2 Likes

roots look good no slime no build up. What should I do? Flush? I’m in week 4 of light flip 12/12

At the next rez change just bring your N down about 25%. If you are not on a flowering schedule yet that may account for it. But definitely N tox. (Thin leaves, dark green, clawing)

1 Like

Thanks I already harvested those they turned out better then I thought I cut nitrogen in half and it bounced back :+1:t3:

3 Likes