Help dwc hydro issue

Can anyone tell me what’s going on with my mother :sob: Do-si-doXGelato hybrid had a hiccup with ph meter fell way out of calibration but back on track now. That was about 3 weeks ago and now I’m having a copper hue outside veins and curling down with burnt tips and occasional drooping. What is going onnnnn?! I’m using the recipe for success nutrient setup bc I’ve had good results in the past. Don’t know much about this strain so I’m hoping to catch some knowledge up here. Thanks in advance :pray:t3:

1 Like

I don’t grow in hydro yet but @peachfuzz is a wicked hydro grower.
He’ll see the tag and respond in a bit.
You may want to take another pic of your stem at the hydroton level. :thinking:
And welcome to the forum @RemedyMe420.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks for the tag and the welcome. Will grab another pic now

1 Like

![image|375x500](upload://nc

zbgCp1ZlptBBNrwYc7OJWaPHD.jpeg)

1 Like

Looks like damping off.may want to check the water level and make sure it’s about 1.5-2 in below your net pot.

3 Likes

They’re pretty mature plants I thought that happened in early stages? Is there anything I can do to combat it or are they otw to deaths door lol :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I’d wait for peach. I’m not up on all the nuances of hydro yet.:grin:. I’m in pro mix.

2 Likes

Ok will wait lol and my water levels were a little lower I adjusted thanks :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Willing to bet your deficiencies are based off of incorrect ph as certain nutrients get locked out. If you’re ph is back to where it should be (5.5-5.8) you should be in the clear for the most part. The leaves that are damaged won’t recover. As long as new growth looks good, you’ve resolved the issues. @RemedyMe420

3 Likes

It looks like it’s creeping up from the bottom. At first I wasn’t worried bc I figd due to ph being off most of nuets got locked out but the next set of fan leaves are starting to show similar signs. Is that normal with nutrient lockout? Just trying to make sure nothing else is going on.

1 Like

id be waiting for the fuzz too. but I;m new and say your on the right track. my water level is never more then one and a half to 2 inches below the pot bottom,

can u fill out a support ticket and take some photos of the roots?

do u add cal mag?

it will be ok bud.:smile:

2 Likes

The water height is your biggest issue…
Is there a rockwhool cube or rapid rooter of some sort under that hydrotone…?
If there is and it’s sitting near the bottom of the net basket , than that’s the damping off problem…
Maybe lower your water level to 3 inches below the net basket…
Your trunk needs to be dry…
Ph should be ok at 5.8 to 6.5 , anywhere in there…
Water temps no higher then 72 degrees , but 68 would be best…
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I will take some pics when I get back. I’m brand new to this forum but not to hydro. I was on fill and drain (old school hydro) basic af but had really good result. Now I’m doing solo bucket system dwc I really want to do rdwc for flower but that’s another problem haha yea I use magical it comes in the kit. They went for a min without the correct ph and it was low bc my meter was reading high :man_facepalming:t2: I’d say they stayed in the 4.5 range for about 7-10 days maybe 14 :sob: I lost all but two they bounced immediately back so I figured they’re pretty strong genetically lol

Sorry for late reply they wouldn’t let me respond anymore for 16 hours

1 Like

One has rockwool cube very small only used for seed germ then directly to net pot and small site rdwc until roots expose them transplant 3” net cup inside of 6”net pot for 3.5 gallon bucket. The other one was germinated in paper towel and solo cup til it was quite stout then direct to 3” net pot without rockwool. Trying to see what this strain likes since I’ve never had it before and given they’re bag seeds i knew they’d be sketchy and funny acting anyway. But the one with rockwool is up high in net pot so it can dry out I’m sure it didn’t help I top feed the shit out of them when they started falling off drastically. I went into panic mode and did just about every damn thing except check my ph meter for correct calibration being as it was new and I had just calibrated it when I got it.

1 Like

That was the problem , ph made you freak out and once you started top feeding them , it started a whole new problem with the damping off…
If your ph is good and your nutrients are at least 350 to 500 ppm and your water level is 2 inches below the net basket , then your plants should bounce back… :wink::+1:
Once roots hit the water no more top feeding them…

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Ok one more question… for now :man_facepalming:t2:
What is going on with my root system?
They’re not slimy and they do not stink they almost have a gritty feel to them?!

Are you using any hydroguard or anything…?
What are your water temps…?

4 Likes

Man, you hit all of the high points for hydro haha.

FYI the copper hue is due to a magnesium def and likely caused by your PH departure. That said: are you using cal mag? As long as we’re at it: what is your nutrient line and what is the TDS of your rez? Temperature of your rez?

4 Likes

I use Technaflora
BC boost
BC grow
Magical
Thrive alive
Bucket temps stay around 70-72
Ppm is around 700
I use ro water and keep ph at 5.8-6.2
I use a king plus led 1500 watt double chip in a 4x4x8 tent

1 Like