Help drying please ,fresh harvest with humidity concerns

Yes trimmed most of the large fan leaves before wash, I used lemon juice and baking soda for the bud wash, rh is down to 65 now so I turned off Circ fan for the night as I thought that would dry to quickly over night, in-line and exhaust fans still running. Thank you for your help

Current temp is 68 rh 65 on both probes :grinning:

1 Like

Ok so holding this morning at 65, I turned circ fan back on this morning and will check rh again today at lunch time if I can stop home if not then after work. So basically what I want to do is consistently drop rh as slow as I can until I reach target rh correct?

68 temp 65 rh

1 Like

Is it always normal for these to smell grassy and earthy in the beginning?

1 Like

Closer you get to 70Ā°+ and the chlorophyll releases with that spicy grass-like smellā€¦ You had to up the temp to moderate the rh, so some is expected.
Is it winter where youā€™re at? Is your tent inside a home?
Also, I wanted to mention the bundle of plants you haveā€¦ should be rotated if thereā€™s some in the center staying moist

2 Likes

Yes tent in basement, Iā€™m in Williamsville ny (Buffalo) itā€™s cold outside now and basement tent will hold pretty consistent temps 68-70

So that smell is normal correct? And should disappear as process continues and moving forward with curing? Iā€™m definitely buying the cannitrol for next harvest for sure! Lol

Also should I try to get to 55 rh as fast as I can or just try to keep slowly going down on rh? Itā€™s currently around 62

You get what you get with the smells ā€¦a month after cure will resolve chlorophyll ā€¦62% goldenā€¦ Temp?

Yeah, these situations make the cannatrol look doable

1 Like

Iā€™m dealing with this issues currently but I am hoping the humidity comes down as the colder weather comes in tomorrow. Mold scares me but its not quite cost effective to get a dehumidifier at the moment.

1 Like

What are the parameters, and equipment available?

I should have said this before, but you guys could easily carboard box your harvest, poke holes in the boxes, and turn the tent light back onā€¦ I know for certain your humidity was below 60 if you managed to get the bud to the finish line.
Lights would pull the humidity so far down that you would have the opposite issue, and then try to humidify the tentā€¦ easier done that direction when youā€™re without a dehumidifier

2 Likes

Temp 68 I have a dehumidifier if needed but Iā€™m confident if I turn circ fan back on I can drop humidity more, I just figured Iā€™d do it slowly? Currently just running exhaust and in-line and if humidity creeps up over night Iā€™ll turn circ fan on in morning unless told otherwise?

1 Like

Sounds nice, and you have the tools you need to get it down to 60. Id have the fan on at the wall on slow if 60+%

1 Like

How are the numbers looking on your dry now?

1 Like

Consistent temp at 68-69 rh 58.5-60 I turned off circ fan again at 5pm to slow down dry

Iā€™m going to start another thread on how to use my moisture meter that was recommended, I know Iā€™ve read about it but canā€™t find it again :joy:

1 Like

Buds seam to be drying very well, Iā€™m trying to slow down process but some plants seam like they will be definitely dry in 2 days? I washed most of them and a couple I did not because I wanted to see if thereā€™s a difference down the road. How long of a dry is expected at 68 -60rh

Iā€™ve read 2-7 days is this about right? Thank you again :grinning:

12-14% on the wood meterā€¦ Then sweat em before grove bagging.

2 days is fastā€¦ how does it smell? 7+ days makes for slow chlorophyll release, and retains terpine profiles. Youā€™ll recover some of those aromas via long curing time.

Use peroxide next time around on your washesā€¦ Itā€™s cheap insurance

1 Like

This is my opinion whether people like it or not if you didnā€™t grow your bud out doors and have to treat for with chemicals or inside with chemicals and you did a flush at the end before chop you just create more problems trying to do a bud wash cause Joe Blow said so

2 Likes

Thank you for your response and I agree, however I had a huge problem with ghats that I used d.e. To kill them, powder was everywhere because of fansā€‹:joy: someone suggested bud washing and that made sense with my situation. :v:

1 Like

I didnā€™t check moisture yet and stems are still bending and not snapping, but they do feel dry to touch unless you give them a squeeze.

And honestly how do you slow down dry anymore if temps and humidity are decent?

Definitely some grassy ass smell along with some fruits :grinning:

Thanks as always
Sorry Iā€™m just paranoid that these will smell and taste like the devils ass like my first outdoor grow did. :grinning:

2 Likes

We have all been there you spend this much money and you think your going to grow commercial grade weed and you not but you sure can grow some fine ass home grown

1 Like

Ok so you say that, soā€¦ my question to you is, why??? Itā€™s only been legal or for arguments sake ignored for a short time now, Iā€™m 49 and most of the weed Iā€™ve purchased except for my early teens ā€œthe compressed dirt weed yearsā€ has been very tasty with an outstanding smell! Even if it was super dry! You canā€™t convince me that all those illegal years there was some top secret formula for great tasting smelling weed in huge spaces that was massed produced that we canā€™t figure out in our overpriced tents with high tech tools and chemicals to match that quality? It has to be something easy lol? Every time I buy something from someone with outstanding smell and quality the guy never really knows where it comes from? Iā€™ve offered money to meet the grower!!! I honestly believe that the people that grow this wonderful stuff wonā€™t ever tell their secrets, and after just the little bit of time and cash Iā€™ve tossed into this, I donā€™t blame themā€‹:joy::joy::joy:

I think we can all grow that tasty smelly stuff we all want that we are conditioned to believe that came from some mega lab somewhere on a tropical secluded island. But Iā€™d be willing to bet it came from some guy in a basement with a tent exactly like ours that his late uncle showed him the mystery to great tasty smelly weed and told him to die with his secrets :grinning:

Sorry for all the misspelling, hope that all made sense Iā€™m at work and canā€™t fix this rantšŸ˜‚

Love and peace to you all!!

1 Like