HELP! Drooping leaves when fed

Hi folks. I’ve been reading and learning a lot in this forum and greatly appreciate all the knowledge I’ve gained from all the veteren growers here. I think I have a problem. I have 6 plants growing. They range anywhere from 16-20 days in veg stage. I trnsplanted them to 1 gallon pots about a week ago. I left them for a day before feeding them. When I fed them the next day all the leaves drooped within a minute. Two leaves on one of the plants drooped real bad and turned yellow within a day. I thought this was because the water they got was about 15-20 degrees colder then the soil. All the plants came back within a day or so. but it was kinda scary watching them do this right before my eyes. This was the first time I added some nutrients to the water. (Fox Farm Grow Big Liquid Plant Food 6-4-4) The water was ph’d to arounf 6.5 after adding the food. . It said 2-3 teaspoons per gal so I put 2 teaspoons in 4 litres which is closer to 2 per gal then 3. 6 plants all got exactly the same amount of water. 2 cups per plant. This pretty much took care of 4 litres. I’m worried and any imput into this would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that I fed them again this morning after 4 days. I cut the nutrient in half this time and had the water in the grow room this time to obtain the same temp as the soil. It happened again:(

Welcome to the forums! What kind of medium are you growing in? Soil or a coco blend? When do they droop, right after watering or before lights out?

very important to know what media you are using as well any fresh soil has a NPK level right from the start so after a transplant you usually don’t feed a grow nutrient the nitrogen will cause greater shock a kelp extract or recovery nutrients is about all you give for first water after transplant.

I am not going to guess what is causing your issue. I advise you to give us more information, perhaps fill out a “Support Ticket”. Either way; we need to know about your medium and lighting and temp.humidity levels.

I’m using Greenworld Professional Mix VPW20. They drooped literally just as soon as I watered them. Within 2 minutes they were drooping. I watered them about 1 hour before their bedtime. I am using a kinfk5xl750 on auto moge and have it about 4 feet over them. the temp fluctuates between 77 and 84. My humidity is low (always around 25-27) but I understand its better to be too low than too high. This happened 71/2 hours ago and I just took a little peak and they’re back to normal again. Whew. So should I lay off the fox farm for now?

I would like to add that I really appreciate you guys responding to this. Also, my typing is just fair as you can see. My light is a Kindled K5XL750 in auto-mode.

Blacken1i,

First I would llike to say " Wecome To ILGM " you have definitely come to the wright place.

Ok, first thing we need is. You need to full the fourms. " Support Ticket " it shouldn’t take but a few min’s to
fill out. But it wiill help us all better help you if we know a few key things. SO here ya go.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you 

We had a previous Support Ticket posted, but lost it during the "database issuer

WIll

Thats cool I am useing my Kindle 7

It sounds like there having a hard time adjusting to there.
Look try this ok…

1.) One gal water

2.) Get some Root Stimulator

3.) Liquid Thrive. ( small bottle )

1. Hydrogen peroxide

In the gal of water add four (4) Hydrogen peroxide
+
Then add (2) mi Liquid Thrive

+

Now add three (3) mi Root Stimulator
And don’t forget to PH this mixturer to 6.0

Make up as much as you need to do the plants that were transplanted. Do this two times. Maaaaaaybe 3

Ok. Also Please post a pic so we can bette know instead of guessing what we’re up against

Will

this is a soil less mix 80 moss 15% perilte 5% vermiculite with a starting NPK. 5 - 6. 0.13 - 0.08 - 0.17
You have to treat it like a hydro grow
PH should be 5.8 can be ranged 5.5-6.1 but there is no dirt in your mix

1 Like

Now that is very interesting. I will lower the ph for their next watering and see if that helps What’s your opinion of using this product for a grow?

Thanks garrigan62. I’ll go shopping tomowwow and see if all that stuss is available around here.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Greenworld Professional Mix VPW20 in pots

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? not sure

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS not sure

Indoor or Outdoor. indoor

Light system, size? kind led k5xl750

Temps; Day, Night 79-85 day 77-80 night

Humidity; Day, Night 24-27 always

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size fantech 6’ carbon filter. 6" intake. micro heater small fan

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, na

Co2; Yes, No no
[/quote]

grow room in basement. built 5.5’ x 6’ x 7.5’ high with lumber. plywood walls and ceiling.All seams caulked and caulked around floor perimeter. painted with moisture resistant primer and flat white bathroom ceiling paint.Floor painted with grey porch and garage floor paint. Anything protruding out of the room is caulked and taped.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sounds like it’s a pH issue. I had similar experiences with my plants. Then I started taking pH readings every time i water or feed my plants and they have recovered.
I think that if flush your plants a couple times before you start feeding them again that would help. It did for me. Good luck.

1 Like