Help distinguish - GSCX ; BBud ; Goldleaf

Hi All,
I’ve made an error and didn’t properly mark each of the seeds I grew - so asking the good folk of ILGM to give their opinion.

Attached is a picture of the three plants im unsure which strain they are…Saying this, I do know for a fact that one seed each of GSCX ; Big Bud & Goldleaf were planted.

Please comment on which is each of them three as per the attached picture.
Thanks all

3 Likes

I am a rookie but have done a lot of reading and I think your getting ready to have issues with being root bound in those small containers . And are there drain holes in the tubs ? And you are getting a deficiency with the yellowing hope you don’t mind but I am going to tag some of the more experienced growers . @MacGyverStoner @Majiktoker @Hogmaster good luck I did the exact same thing with gsc and gold leaf . They couldn’t tell me until my plants matured a bit more .

1 Like

It might be a little hard to tell by pictures alone.

Gold Leaf and Big Bud might have about the same sized and shaped leaves both being about the same 40% Sativa and 60% Indica mix. Sativas have very narrow fingered leaves and Indicas have fatter fingered leaves. And of course Big Bud should have the bigger buds and probably larger calyxes. I think Big Bud’s leaves look a little more sativa like than gold leaf. Big Bud will probably smell more fruity and gold leaf more skunky.

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme will have a more earthy smell and might have the fattest leafed fingers being 80% indica dominant.

Happy growing,

~MacG

1 Like

Thnxs for the feedback.
It’s a trial grow of the seeds during our winter here - this grow was to learn a little of the strains. Impressed with the genes :wink:

Pots are small
Pots do have at least 6 x 7mm drainage/air holes on the bottom.

1 Like

Thnxs Mac,
Appreciate the info you shared - will wait a little longer in the flower before loading more pics to try work out what It’s in the pots.

1 Like

Some close ups of the buds in each plant might help distinguish which is which. I personally probably wouldn’t be able tell regardless but it might help.

Close up of leaf groups would be good too. In your shot of all 3 the middle one looks remarkably similar to my Gold Leaf fem.

@Babwe-Buds - I notice leaves on the ground in your pics. Is it fall where you are? Just curious.

Although I agree with @MacGyverStoner I’m growing a GSCX that has almost now indica traits at all.
But I’m pulling clones that show fat fingers
Also my GSCX plant in flower smells like a breath ment , even purple and white striped spots on it check out my thread Learning how extream GSCX really is

With hybrid plants not all seeds will be the same what I’m saying is even though the stats say 80% dominate indica it still has sativa traces that may show in any seed that came from that plant.

Flower all of them , then smoke to know for sure.

But these guys are so awesome here it will get figured out .

1 Like

True enough, when growing from seed, often you will get different phenotype expression favoring any one of the strains its been crossed from.

~MacG

1 Like

Hi Phantom,
Observant of you :wink: more like crossing from mid winter through to spring in my region.

Thnks to all the good people for input.
Will load some bud pics in the coming week to try get a better idea of which is which.

@Oldstoner ; @MacGyverStoner ; @PhantomFarmer ; @Jmesser80 ; @Myfriendis410

Hey friends - attached pics of the three different buds to date…
Does this help with distinguishing which is which?? Help, it’s a terrible problem to have :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry I can’t help. There’s not much to distinguish them from each other, is there?

Your probably going to have to wait until the colas start forming I had it wrong until one mine got within about a month of harvest and a mentor figured it out for me . Good luck

1 Like

Hard to tell. They all look the same to me at this point for the most part. I would give it more time to bulk up.

No clue. Sorry. Of course being Gold Leaf you should tell EVENTUALLY lol. GSCX is pretty distinctive too. But too early still.

Any help from the good people on which is which strain?? ILGM seeds…
@Oldstoner @MacGyverStoner @Jmesser80 @Myfriendis410 @PhantomFarmer @Wishingilivedina420state

2 Likes

Sorry - light terrible for the picture this eve…:frowning:

They all look alike to me …

1 Like