HELP -Did I miss my harvest window Or?

This is my very first grow. From beginning seed germination 16 Dec 2021 til today 30 June 2022, do you guys think these are ready to harvest or what? I did not think this would take so long. These are ILGM Big Bud. I also have ILGM Blue Dream, I have no idea what they’re doing, so I’ll just concentrate on BB as they have budded. Please advise. I’m so ready! Thank you!

4 Likes

Looks like they are outside.
Are they autos?
They are not ready btw.

4 Likes

I believe you have some time to go, they have a lot of fattening up to do and a lot of white pistils!

Not experienced enough to give a window but def have some time, happy growing :v:

1 Like

This is what I use as my guide to plant completeness

2 Likes

If I had to guess, they have been flowering just short of 3 weeks, and you have about 5 weeks left.

3 Likes

@Spiney_norman I just set them outside to take the pics. They have been growing inside and they are autos. The smell is really popping and thank you for the advice.

1 Like

@Newt…actually, I have recorded them at week #15 of flowering. They seem to have started flowering in late March.

1 Like

@GoingGreen Thank you.

1 Like

So that plant is 28 weeks old.
There is a rare phenotype that shows up in autoflowers where the plant keeps growing new flowers in the type of bud structure you have. It also doesn’t produce much in the was of resin trichomes. My advice is to cut it down and start a new plant. It wont ever get any better. 28 weeks is far beyond the typical growth pattern of any autoflower. I had a Northern lights grow like that and it never matured. It grew more like a climbing vine than a normal cannabis plant.
My Northern lights auto in the tent. Over 6 ft tall…
Chopped it at 17 weeks

4 Likes

@Spiney_norman YUP, 28 weeks…wow! I thought 28 weeks was beyond where we should be. I thought we’d be enjoying our first grow by now. Thanks so much for the info. I am ready to begin anew…darn!

2 Likes

My plant looked just like this one on yours.
Hardly any trichomes, always new white pistils and never stopped growing new ones.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s bouncing between veg and flower like it can’t decide it it’s photo or auto. I’d plant it in the ground with full sun and let the chips fall where they may. The sun is FAR better than your indoor lights.

2 Likes

I have never seen a strain flower for 15 weeks and look like it is on week 3. Here is a week 3 pic of my current grow:

That is perplexing.

3 Likes

Its a rare pheno that just wont mature. Heres another thread with one.

Mine was in the same tent with two others that were perfectly fine.
They just keep growing new flowers, there are minimal trichs, and the bud structure does look like a reveg but its an autoflower so that cant be. Plus if it was revegging it would stop growing flowers.
This one from the OP is 28 weeks old. You gotta cut losses and move on.

2 Likes

After a little more research and a closer look, mine had nothing but foxtails all over it. So I had to kiss the baby goodbye :wave:

2 Likes

I’d ride her out, at least yours does have buds.

1 Like

@Newt @Spiney_norman @Docnraq @GoingGreen Thank you guys so much for the info & guidance. Sooo we threw out two of the 7ft tall ILGM Blue Dream and 2 that were almost 5ft…I had no idea what they were doing. Little bitty pistils kept forming and just continuing to grow like a weed. I had planted those in mid December 2021 as well.
We were able to salvage some good smelling ILGM Big Bud, with dense buds. We had 4 of them, so I cut all four down and they are now hanging to dry out. We took these pics yesterday outside; however, they’re drying inside. Looking forward to weighing to see what we really yielded. Starting 2 more seeds tomorrow.

3 Likes

Betcha get half a pound or more.

1 Like

Cant say I would have done that but good on you for making a call and executing it.

1 Like

Not ready @ladyp

1 Like