Help diagnosing this please!

Ok, she’s 5 weeks into veg, it’s feminized Gorilla Glue 4 from ilgm, and I’m using “Purple Cow IndiCanja” soil for the first time. It’s an all organic mix and supposedly, I’m only to add pH water and compost teas, NO NUTES!, but something is going on here. About a week ago I noticed some slight yellowing on some of the leaves and now I’m starting to get some brown spots near the edges to. I was told by the Purple Cow people who makes the soil to pH my water to 6.0 and that’s what I’ve been doing. I have ALWAYS pH my water to 6.5 but this is my first organic grow and am still learning. Can someone look at these pics and tell me what’s going on? I was told today by a friend to STOP pH’ing my water, that’s it’s not necessary in organic growing as long as the ph falls somewhere between 5.0 and 8.0 but is this true? Should I go back to just pH’ing my water to 6.5? Is this a pH problem? Anyone with any ideas would be AWSOME as I’m about a week or two away from flipping the light and I’m afraid to do that with her showing these characteristics. It’s not all the leaves but enough to cause me concern. Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Pic of full plant ?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something asked about; Just say so, or post
NA (non applicable).

1. Indoor or outdoor - size of grow, tent, toom
  2. Origin of water.
  3. Otigin of seeds. seedbank, friedn, bag seed.
  4. Regular, feminized, or autoflower
  5. -Age of plant. Veg ot flower
  6. Method: Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics.
  7. Vessels: Pots, Raised bed, Hydro,(what type hydro)
  8. PH and TDS/EC of source water
  9. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution.
  10. Provided lighting: Power? LED, HID, Fluorescents, or other?
  11. Temperayitr; Day and Night
  12. Humidity; Day and Night
  13. Ventilation system; Yes/ No. Size?
  14. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: Yes or no.
  15. C02: Yes or no
  16. Hydro:

a. -DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

b. -Temperature of reservoir

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add; Anything else you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate ot the end of the survey in order to help us understand yout issues.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Ok, thanks! Seeds are GG#4, feminized, from ILGM growing in a 7 gallon fabric pot. The soil I used this time is the DIFFERENT thing that I’ve never done before. It’s Purple Cow “idicanja” made by Purple Cow and is a water only mix that your not supposed to ever feed with nutes. Compost teas and pH’ed water ONLY (at least that’s what Purple Cow told me) and said to pH the water to 5.8 - 6.2. So far, water with a pH of 6.1 is all that she has ever been given, pH’ed it myself. I ordered me another TDS/EC meter as my last one died so no info on that yet until it gets here, sorry. Day temp is 75 degrees with a night temp of 67. Humidity is controlled and right now is at 60% in the tent and the plant is now in week 5 of veg so that should be good. 6” inline Spider Farmer fan in an AC Infinity 3’x3’ tent. Light is a Spider Farmer SE3000 that worked absolutely AWESOME on my last grow, really like the light! I have a dehumidifier but it’s not running. I don’t use C02 but with two people always in the bedroom where the tent is and also two large dogs in there as well, my InkbirdPlus CO2 ppm meter normally stays around the 600 to 800 ppm range. That’s about all I can think of for now, feel free to ask me anything else you may need and thanks.

I honestly have always used water pH’ed at 6.5 and am wondering if the 6.1 water is what’s causing this?

I’d check the ppm of the runoff as soon as you get a new meter. Those hot soils only last for so long. Usually around 4-5 weeks in you have to start adding nutes.

1 Like

Do you plan on running this grow all organic or going to use salt based nutrients? My first impression is a magnesium deficiency and PH a little low and out of range. Organic grows don’t require run off but keeping the medium damp to keep the microbes alive that’ll collect nutrients to feed the roots. If you plan on using salt based. Nutrients then run off will be required to keep a healthy root zone, if the latter I would water at 6.5 and test the run off PH and PPMs. This will tell you the PH and amount of nutrients that are in the medium. Most amended mediums will feed the plant for approximately 4-6 weeks before nutrients are needed :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes