Help design my grow room

I should add, I plan on growing in soil until I learn a better way.

1 Like

Very nice start. Welcome to ILGM.

1 Like

I like the idea of keeping mother plants in soil anyway.

You won’t regret having that tent, and you may decide you want a few more.

Can you describe the room more? Do you know how many power circuits run to the space, and what amperage they are?

How is the room currently heated and cooled?

1 Like

:star_struck: (cue the choir)

That’s about as awesome as it gets. You won’t know what you don’t know until you know, you know? Once you get some plants going in there, you’ll be able to figure out the fine tuning, timing, etc. Homework is good! Do lots of research, ask lots of questions, and don’t worry! You’re in very good hands here. Lots of pros already on this thread. Welcome to ILGM, @letitgrow!

Here’s my spitball: I’d figure out a way to section off the room into two sections, either another couple, larger tents, or a temporary wall covered in panda film. That way, you can have a separate flowering section that you’re constantly rotating plants into. That would take a lot more lighting, if you plan on using the entire room. For now, though, I’d put one light in the tent, one outside it. Then you can have them on two different schedules. I’d put the younger plants in the tent, since they’ll take less space. Then when you add the third light (if you want to go with all HID) you could make your flowering space larger. The only issue there would be timing. You wouldn’t be able to go in other than during “daytime” for your flowering plants. Unless you run all autos. Then you can just light the hell out of the entire room and go for broke filling it haha!

I know the guys with more experience in this stuff will give you great advice on the specifics. I’m just the pothead welcoming committee. :v::joy:

3 Likes

I have an electrician helping with the power needs, so I’m covered there. I can do with the wiring anything that would be needed.

The room connects to a larger living area. Plan on venting and taking fresh air from living space. Which is central heat and air.

At the current time, the room is just a box with unfinished inside walls and no window.

1 Like

That’s excellent.

What separates the grow room from the living room? I’m just trying to brainstorm how you might draw air in from another space. What’s above and below your grow room?

I’m going to bed in a little bit, but I’m happy to continue talking about this later. Check out this other thread where another grower had similar questions.

https://ilgmforum.com/t/lighting-opinions-requested/38010

I think I was a little confusing on my last response. I will be venting the grow room through the ceiling and out the roof. That’s where I am allowing myself for future expansion to a 12 inch fan.

Above the grow room is an attic. Separating the grow room from the living space is finished drywall on the living side and bare 2x4 on the inside.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I’m having a little trouble picturing it. How do you enter the room? How are you planning to pull air in from the occupied space? Sorry if the answer is obvious. Climate control is just really important.

Enter the room through a door from the living space. Was planning on putting a vent between the room and living space to draw air from the living space.

1 Like

@Letitgrow

Grow Tent: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DXYMKIO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K/?tag=greenrel-20

Lighting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P8P51ZQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K/?tag=greenrel-20

Fan/filter/ducting: Amazon.com

Nutrients: Amazon.com

Cal-Mag: Amazon.com

PH Kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BNKWZY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER/?tag=greenrel-20

Soil: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRADNDS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER/?tag=greenrel-20

Here is my list so far… Might give you ideas…

Lasko 2521 Oscillating Stand Fan, 16-Inch 1 ea

Simple Deluxe HIWKLTCLAMPLIGHTM Clamp Lamp Light w/ 8.5-Inch Reflector,
150-Watt, 6-Foot Cord, UL Listed 2 ea

3 Way ( Straight Shaped ) with Plug Locations On The left, Right, and
Middle – Wall Outlet Splitter Triple Prong Wall Plug Adapter– Green Color 1 ea

SPL Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/
Improved Metal Internal Gears 4 2-pk

Ideal-Air 380037 Noise Reduction Clamp, 6" 1 ea

VIVOSUN 6 Inch Noise Reducer Silencer for Inline Duct Fan 1 ea

Covery 3 in 1 Soil Tester Moisture Meter, Light and PH acidity Tester, Plant Tester 1 ea

Chapin 20000 1-Gallon Poly Lawn and Garden Sprayer 2 ea

Philips 433557 23W 100-watt T2 Twister 6500K CFL Light Bulb 1 4-pk

200 Count- Jiffy 7 Peat Soil 42mm Pellets Seeds Starting Plugs 1 200-pk

Stansport Reinforced Multi-Purpose Tarp 2 ea

G-LEAF 5-Gallon 10-Bag Grow Bag, Grow Pot for Plant 1 10-pk

General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit 1 each

VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control with
Australia Virgin Charcoal 1 ech

Growsun 60"x60"x80" Horticulture Grow Tent 5x5 Indoor Growing Tents Mylar
Hydroponic Grow Room 1 ea

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 900W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor
Plants Veg and Flower 2 ea

Pack of 3 - 22 Oz Durable Empty Spray Bottles 1 3-pk

Yield Lab 5ft. x 15ft (60 in x 180 in) Soft Mesh Trellis Netting 1 ea

Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big,
Tiger Bloom 1 ech

Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer - Dual Outlet 1 ea

10 Plant Growing Trays (No Drain Holes) 1 10-pk

Digital Aid Professional pH Meter with Large Backlit LCD Screen 1 ea

Foxfarm FX14000 Ocean Forest Soil, Smart Naturals, 1.5 cubic feet 3 ea

White Widow Seeds 1 10-pk

My Cozy Home Pruner - Bypass Pruning Shears with Safety Lock 1 ea

Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer - Dual Outlet 1 ea

iPower GLDUCT25C Non-Insulated Ducting Aluminum Foil Vent with 2 Clamps,
25-Feet 6-Inch 1 ea

AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor 1 ea

Lasko 2004W 2-Speed Clip Fan, 6-Inch, White 1 ea

3’ Fixture Chain, Nickel - 2 Pack 1 2-pk

Hydrofarm HGS16P Green Premium Saucer 1 10-pk

Camco 40043 TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector 1 ea

6 Inch Plastic Flower Seedlings Nursery Supplies Planter Pot/pots Containers 1 40-pk

Farmer in the Glen 10"x20.75" Waterproof Seedling Heat Mat for Hydroponics,
Propogation and Cloning - Mat Only 1 ea

Apex REM 15 15-Foot Connector Hose 1 ea

A1001 Heavy Duty Brass Y 2 Way Garden Hose Connector Brass 2-Way Splitter 1 ea

Matthew420

4 Likes

And climate control is one of the areas I really need advice on. I’m having trouble wrapping my head around how to control the climate in the grow room, if the air is constantly being exhausted from the grow room.

Go with a 4x4 instead of a 2x4 you’ll tah k me later

1 Like

There are window duct kits. Use inline fan to duct from one window to another. Then use another duct pulling air out close to your lights. Would be nice if you had a privacy fence or hedges.

What about through the attic? Just cut a couple holes.

The space in question doesn’t have a window.

Oh shit yeah forgot. Well that sucks. If I were you and had the resources you’re saying you have I’d be installing some serious stealth ventilation from either the ceiling/roof or right below the soffit on the wall, high up.

@letitgrow
How to control climate. Or atleast something that can help https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9ZRB2C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C-qcEbP8A8BX3

@letitgrow is the space going to be used for drying too?

The space will be used for drying also. By law, I have to keep everything confined to the grow room.

I put in the exhaust through the roof.

1 Like

Do you have a construction budget?