Help! Dark Drooping Green leaves

I’m new to growing and this is my first grow. I believe I may have over watered them, but it’s now been well over 24 hours from not even a full watering and some of my plants appear to just keep getting worse.

1 Like

You need to post pictures of your plant/plants in natural light if possible. If you have blurples, they need to be turned off or it will make identifying difficult at best.

Note: I just watered these plants as a buddy grower of mine said that I needed to water them from how dry my soil was. But I can’t figure out whether they’re over or under watered, maybe just watered too often.

1 Like

Honestly she looks damn good. I don’t see a problem outside getting the leaves wet. Best thing to do is when you water make a spiral shape a few inches from the plant. This will help cause the roots to spread out and develop so much better. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m going to post a few more photos of a couple of my others, they have the same issue but look a little worse.

1 Like

Now this photo shows a problem. I don’t know what it is due to not having to deal with these problems.

1 Like

do you see water sitting on the first pics leaves?

I did…I don’t know if the OP does or not. Welcome to the community. :+1:

1 Like

I do see the water, it’s there because I just watered the plants. The second photo is a G13 Auto that transplanted last night out of a solo cup Bc the roots were starting to come out of the bottom of the holes that I cut in the bottom of the cup.

1 Like

i freaked out the first time i damaged my leaves splashing water. your plants look good. everything i did scared me the first time now i am on second grow and its not as life and death as before.

1 Like

I have 8 plants in total, and the first picture is of one of six plants that I haven’t watered in over 24 hours because I suspected overwatering from the dark green droopy leaves. But I haven’t been watering them fully because I didn’t wanna drown the roots, I was using a pump sprayer. But I just watered them all til 10% run off.

1 Like

i am only on my second grow and everyone on here has carried me thru a full grow. they can help better than me but you water to run off with little plants?

When my young ones have turned down like that I have corrected it by moving the light away.

What light are you using and how far is it from your plant?

As others have said, overwatering can cause drooping too.

2 Likes

I would try watering around the plant instead of on top of it. You want to make the roots stretch for the water.

Also, it may just be the way the lights are reflecting off of the leaves, but it looks like you might have some white powdery mold starting to form. If so, it’s probably from the leaves touching damp soil.

2 Likes

Are plants this size considered early veg?

1 Like

These look to be somewhere between the seedling stage and early vegetative stage.

1 Like

My apologies every one, yesterday was my first day on ILGM so it wouldn’t let me reply after so many posts. But my 24 hours is now up. I figured out what the entire issue was, and it was that they were underwatered and it was becoming severe for some plants. I have watered them all and they are happy as can be.

@MrPeat

The issue with the discolored leaves was occurring from being root bound in a solo cup because I used a root inoculant. Being my first grow, I had no idea it would make the roots grow THAT fast. They were dark green and drooping before, but now they’re bouncing back and praying to the heavens :grin:

Looks like they are in fabric pots. If you have saucers underneath them you might want to consider watering in the saucer and the water will wick up into the soil from the bottom and the roots will search for water and will grow down to find the water as well as light watering in circle around the plant near the edges of pot. While roots are growing and bulking up the top (plant) won’t grow much as it’s expending energy on roots.
When flooding the saucer it will take 10-20 min for water to wick up and just add more until soil is saturated. If there is extra water in saucer after awhile just dump it out as you don’t want water sitting in saucers for too long…hour or more etc.

What soil are they in? That makes a difference in how quickly it can dry out as well as as the plant gets bigger it will use more water.
Coco coir?
Peat based?
Compost etc…