Help choosing a led light for a 4x4 tent

Umm noooo. It only pulls 165 watts total, and some of that is used to power the 2 fans. Be lucky if it did 110 watts.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07412L8SR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_aPBrDb9XT02Y1

2 Likes

This is what I use and absolutely love it but mine is on a light mover as well

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I said 1000w replacement. LED technology is only improving and though HID lamps work great all the problems like how mich of its energy is converted to heat energy and a 1000 watt HID is expensive to run and if you wanted to have a decent grow op. The electric Bill would sky rocket in fact that is the way authorities used to catch on to illegal indoor grow operations. The light I am talking about replaces a 1000 watt HID. Iā€™m from the old school and couldnā€™t believe it, and I looked into it and one of the main reasons why an LED light that pulls 180 watts and can replace a 1000 watt HID is mainly because the Led lamps do not convert light energy into Heat energy All the heat HID lamps produce is a byproduct of the light energy . not to say LED lamps donā€™t get warm but not even in the same realm of heat energy of HID. With LED technology getting better and better there will simply be no point to use HID lamps. Now there are a lot of LED grow lights on the market for as low as 20 bucks and China is having a field day with making low quality lights and calling the 600 watt 1000 watt mostly just to confuse buyers to by a piece of junk. eBay is packed with led lamps that claim these wattages but they are just trying to make money on the reputation and amazing efficiency of a quality LED grow light. So when a grower wants to start using LED lights and tries to go online to buy one they are bombarded with lots of crap. Now I went through this myself and once I started research and understood the logic of how LED lights pull 100 watts but produce the same light energy has a 1000 watt HID. The LED Lamp I posted about is the most efficient LED lamp on the market for its price tag. In fact there are lamps with half the par value for twice the money. I will always love HID because thatā€™s what we used for years but after seeing what companies like sunraise are building backed by 3 year warranties and hi tech chips and reflectors and IR tech. LED is King and after you weed out all the copycat lights and the ineffective LED Lamps you will see That LED blows away any other artificial light source. Yes that lamp you posted is a great lamp and will do a great job. But itā€™s time to put that lamp in the garage and embrace the ongoing technology of LED. That HID lamp will never get any better HID lamps technology is finished. They are the best they will ever be. But LED has just begun and has surpassed HID capabilities. In 18 months from now itā€™s technology will be doubled. Now if you have a budget of 500-1000 bucks you can buy an white light full spectrum LED Lamp With dimming capabilities that is closer to what the Sun produces that has ever existed. That combined with the genetic science that is unlocking the secrets of Cannabis. Youā€™ll one day be able to grow a plant to harvest on your deskā€¦ saying all this to say that if you research you will find that LED lamps are changing the world of indoor growing and soon HID Lamps will be obsolete. With this 112 dollar led lamp I am growing the biggest and highest quality Cannabis Buds I have ever grown and my electric bill is maybe 15 dollars more a month. Thanks for your reply and I hope you look into it and see what amazing things are going on. Here is some pictures of what 156watts of LED light technology is accomplishing Iā€™m buying two more of these and they daisy chain together for my next grow Iā€™m yielding more for less and you will too. My post was to help my fellow growers who are looking into LED to not get Bamboozled by the confusion of specs and wind up paying twice the money for something that works half as well. And unfortunately itā€™s happening everyday. So if you have $100 bucks and want a light that does the job from seed to harvest This is the light that is until the tech gets better

That Hood is impressive and what do you mean you have it in a mover? You have it oscillating?

A light mover

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ROC7FSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_V4IrDbNJ7WWYE

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty cool definitely beats having to go rotate your plants every day

1 Like

Ok I will look into that also,I have a 4x4x7ā€™6 or so tent already so both systems will work well Iā€™m guessing?

1 Like

I have 2 qb260s and they are aswsome.

1 Like

Is there any reason you went with 2 of those 260s and not 1 600 watt.I am leaning towards the 2 qbs 260s also those seem like a little less power draw and will be a more even coverage with a 4x4.

Hereā€™s a good example. I currently have 3 plants in a 4x4 tent. 1 plant is 4ā€™ tall, and 2 plants are 2ā€™ tall. The 2 Short plants are under one light, and the tall plant is under the other light. Everyone is happyā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve only read a few of your posts,very filled with info.You mention the use of qbs 320s.Im going to read some more of your posts to learn things ( being a rookie) but Iā€™m getting mixed up with the 320s,260s.600s.Im going to be buying lighting soon and only want to do it once the proper way.Thinking strongly towards the qbs (2) 260s in a 4x4 tent over (1) 600 set up. Basically going to be the same price within a few bucks.what would your choice be here (and anyone else reading this please jump in and help me out).

1 Like

Iā€™m buying a light system this week or next and thanks fo your advice.one question for you please.would I be better of with (2) qb 260s or (1) qb 600 lighting set up in my 4x4 tent near the same in price so thatā€™s in my budget.

I like two of the 260xl kits for 4x4. They provide a little more even coverage and have more surface area per watt for cooling on the heatsinks. Hlg-600 will work though.

1 Like

I got one at first, liked it so much I got another. Two is perfect for 4X4. Also they are simple to assemble.

2 Likes