HELP! Caterpillar infestation, bud rot! Neem ineffective

I’m going to look into getting one now thanks for that, I just got my caterpillar killer yesterday gonna do all that this afternoon after work

2 Likes

Dude! That’s awesome info. Thanks

3 Likes

FOUND BLACK LIGHT BULBS AT HOME DEPOT AND WALMART $3.

They sell Black Light Flash Lights on Amazon…but I did not want to wait.

CAN’T WAIT TO GO CATERPILLAR HUNTING TONIGHT.
Black Light bulb, tweezers and a bucket of water!

He said you can see all the extra small worms too.
“Glow in the dark Worms” are going to go swimming in my bucket tonight.

@Rugar89 @Manny_FTGUTube @bob31 @FloridaSon @Trav @KingShark @Screwauger @bruinsfan33 @Willd

10 Likes

@KingShark pictures would be awesome, never seen glowing caterpillars before…

1 Like

YES! see if u can get some pictures of them glowing. Those little ones are so evasive because they’re camouflaged and just sneak down in the buds deep. Such a cool idea if it works.

1 Like

That’s good news. Can catch them early maybe next time.

1 Like

I wonder how the light pollution affects them? Feminized seeds seem more succeptable to interruption of the dark cycle than regular seeds.

I really hope it works for you. The damned bugs wiped out one of my Crystal plants!

1 Like

I’m sorry to ear about the lost of your Crystal , @Floridason

1 Like

It’s one of the drawbacks to growing outside. :wink:

I wish I knew what moth is causing these infestations. It would be much easier to stop them than their larvae I think.

2 Likes

@FloridaSon Have you tryied a horticulture net to cover them in late evening and nights… Moths are almost all laying their eggs at those time :wink:

You even can let the net in day light to protect them from the butterfly like white cabbage butterfly…

3 Likes

Indoor can get the moth too. There are a few moths.

Cabbge moth:
cabbagemoth
cabbageworm

Cutworm moth

cut

cutworm

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing the black light info. Shoot. I was just at Home Depot earlier today. Guess I’m going back tomorrow.

Northern California south of Red Bluff…same issue but got them in time and continued to harvest. good luck next year man…

1 Like

Surprise! It’s next year already. Killed my first cabbage moth today. Presumably others are out and have laid eggs already. Sprayed my outside plant (not quite amber yet) with enough spinosad to kill any caterpillars. It’s in the bud swelling phase, but it can wait a few more days before harvest.

@Rugar89 @Manny_FTGUTube @bob31 @FloridaSon @Trav @KingShark @Screwauger @bruinsfan33 @Willd

2 Likes

Can’t stand them! Found a couple spiders in my girls. I usually don’t like them, but I’m hoping they will help me out a little.

@Hogmaster @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971

Can you guys do some kind of broadcast to everybody? Moths are here now. I think it’s going to be bad this year.

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…keep up with the spinosad. It’s a war of attrition.

Damned devil bugs that are.

BTK caterpillar killer is your answer.

1 Like

is that BTK caterpillar killer approved by dennis rader?
a friend wants to know…

1 Like

Had to look it up. Bind torture kill is exactly what that insecticide does to the gut of the destructive larvae.
They starve to death in short order. I supposed having been an avid hitch hiker during the latter part of those years, it’s probably a good thing I never heard of this nut or I’d have stayed home instead of exploring the mysteries of life.

1 Like