Help - Can't Identify Plant Problem

Hi, This is my first grow season and my first post. I’ve got a problem with a couple plants, both showing the same issue. It’s only affected two bud areas on each plant, the rest of the buds (baby buds at this point) are healthy looking as is the rest of the plant. I’m hoping it’s not bud rot but it looks like it (just educated guess after reading several articles). Growing in 20 gallon pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil with filtered water, using nutrients weekly. ANY input, including what’s the problem and how to fix it, would be appreciated. Thanks!! IMG_8886|375x500

1 Like

That is bud rot. I would cut off affected parts.

Bud rot can be managed by increasing airflow around the plant. If outdoors it is difficult to manage humidity, which is the root cause.

A dilute spray of hydrogen peroxide/water can help manage it going forward.

3 Likes

It looks like you are growing outside? If so are you in a high humidity area?

Also sometimes caterpillars get in the buds and can be the opening to introduce bod rot.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Regarding the dilute spray, do I spray the whole plant? And how often? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes. once a week should be adequate for preventing mold. Treating existing mold should be applied daily.

1 Like

In SoCal, low humidity and breezy location.

1 Like

How much hydrogen peroxide to water ratio? Thanks, will do.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll keep looking for caterpillars as well.

1 Like