HELP. Can’t figure out what’s going on

One of my two week old plants is starting to develop yellow spots in the centers of its leaves. Only one plant in my grow is having this problem. I’ll plants have been treated the same. I cannot determine the cause of the problem. Maybe it is too early to tell. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this discoloration? !

image|374x500

what could be causing this?

1 Like

What does this mean?

Could be overwatering. Soil looks very wet. What soil are you using?

1 Like

Sorry talk to text error. Grill = grow

I just watered the plants This morning before the photo was taken. I water roughly every two days once the soul becomes dry. All of my plants are on the same watering Schedule and this is the only one having issues.

I’m currently growing in 5 gallon bucket‘s and I am using natures care organic potting mix for soil. I am also using perfect pH nutrients from advanced
nutrients. Although this particular plant has only had a very little bit of nutrients added so far.

You probably don’t need to add nutrients for a while, but this would be determined by your run-off PPM. Given the organic soil you may be breeding the natural microbes and promoting O2 deprivation by watering so frequently. You want the roots to search for the water, so allow to dry out between waterings.

3 Likes

I would also do a soil slurry test to make sure this soil is in range for cannabis. Take a 1/4 cup of soil, mix with DISTILLED water (about a cup) and let stand for 30 minutes then test with a calibrated digital PH meter. It should be between 6.3 and 6.8 PH.

With that in mind; what are you using to measure PH? When did you calibrate last?

3 Likes

I should mention that I am a first time grower. So I’m learning as I go. I have a cheep probe tester from Home Depot. According to that I’m around 7 ph. I’m guessing I should invest in a better tester. Any recommendations?

Yeah; those things are terrible. You can use the moisture function to determine wet or dry until you can do it by feel but that is about the only good thing about them.

I use this and many recommend it:

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-Value-Pocket-Tester/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=apera+ph20&qid=1554039578&s=gateway&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Liquid-Fertilizer-1-Quart/dp/B00CJID1I4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=PH+up+and+down&qid=1554039658&s=gateway&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Liquid-Fertilizer-1-Quart/dp/B005H78ZLC/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=PH+up&qid=1554039705&s=gateway&sr=8-6

3 Likes

I was thinking it was a PH problem based on the symptoms and what I found online. But it’s so hard to tell. I will order a new tester and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Also the Advanced Nutes say PH perfect, that does NOT mean that u dont have to test and adjust your PH. It just means that its is not suppose to change the ph level when added to your water. And always test and adjust your PH after u add your nutes and or additives to your water.
They r looking good tho, get control of your PH and you should be in good shape.

4 Likes

This is not a big deal, seen far worse. Though, is your light right. This can be caused by insufficiency of light

1 Like

It looks like a nutrient deficiency to me

My plant is very young and I dont know what to do because these blobs of yellow are showing up can anybody help with my problem because I really dont want this plant to die it’s my 1st time growing

What soil (medium) is it in? Have you added nutes?

I’m a noob and I’m sure someone with more knowledge will answer, but in all the threads I’ve seen so far with your problem, the advice has been let it ride? Small blemishes are sometimes part of this early stage and it will likely grow out of it.

This is of course providing that your medium is not too hot (think miracle grow) and that you are not adding nutes yet, as at this age they don’t really need much/any

Please experts, set me straight if I’m wrong…I’m still learning and don’t want to steer anybody wrong

1 Like

So mine is not over watered
And looks the same

It looks a little like spider mites. There is a treatment available that will break their cycle if it turns out to be spider mites post I will let be know the remedy Neem oil slows them down.

Don’t know if the Buffer solution comes with ur PH meter r not, usually they give a 2 r 3 pack of granulated buffer packets for calibration. I would check out Buffer Reference solution on the inter web.:+1::v::alien: