Help buying light cant decide

Out of likes, but most meizhi owners seem to be very happy with them! I can’t attest to them being equivalent to that kind of hid power though. Most de 1000 watt bulbs will have higher par reading than them.

1bigfella is right about the heat. You will have cooler canopy temps, but the heat wasted out the top of fixture will make up for a lot of it.

1 Like

Combined the 3x 900W lamps have roughly 1,500W of comparable power.

Oh sure. There’s nothing wrong with what you have, I read it a different way and was hoping you weren’t under the impression you had the equivalent to 4.5 1000 watt hid bulbs is all

1 Like

Remy: HPS and MH bulbs are pretty bulletproof. Cities put them in high street lamps and they don’t put up with an unreliable product. It costs them more in labor and equipment to change a bulb than the bulb costs. But, when you run them for 12 or 18 hours a day, they only perform near spec for a year or two. The arc inside eats up the electrodes. But the bulbs are in the $20 range, so no biggie. I suppose they keep on working a lot longer but they don’t put out as much light as they did new.

1 Like

That sucks my300 has run 24/7 for 90 days no issues my 1k. Is a few years old and fell in the green house about 5ft. Bounced off compost roller and every light still works 1.5 yrs later. I have a buddy who has 4 of the 1200,s and after about a year a fan went out in his and the warranty is 3yrs that they replace the parts for free u pay shipping. And from the Hollandstar offical store they say some new lights that deal for life.

Hollandstar came through. They sent a new 1000K unit to me, no charge, no hassle whatsoever. I plugged it in. It works dandy. Good company.

5 Likes

Well i bought another light. Deciced to go to a differnt brand after all. I am more then happy with Hollandstar lights i own,but these Dimgogo leds caught my attention.
1k watt (actual pull is 230watts)
3 chip,10watt bulbs ( higher on the red side)
The day after xmas they had one really cheap bc it had a damaged packaging so i figured id give it a go. Also ordered a CO2 reg. with a solenoid and a timer, to hook to the full food grade co2 bottle i already got. So main room will have 2x1k leds and a 400watt mh/hps , and im taking the 300w led to use for a breeding project.

3 Likes