Help building a soil using for autoflowers

Hey,

I was needing some suggestions on building a soil for a autoflower, but the big drawback is it will have to be the stuff from homedepot, now this will be my first auto, I’ve grown photos before but I read autos are easy to burn, so I was thinking of Miracle grow pro organics, adding some worm casting, perlite, but what else would be good to use? I was going to let the plant use up the nutrients I’m the container and switch over to bottled nutes, so any suggestions?

1 Like

Not sure if all this is available at home depot, but this mix seems to be a favorite here.

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty has some soil building skills too I believe

Good evening @garrigan62
Good to see you

1 Like

@TDubWilly

It’s good to be gack. AND LOOK FOREARD TO HELPING AS MUCH AS I CAN

8 Likes

If I could like that more than once, I would save up a days worth!

@garrigan62, when’s your next grow?

II was right in the nidle of redoing my grow roon when all that shit happened, But i’m doing real good so i’m going to get back to work and finish it so it should be around the middle of this month. I’ll have to take a look and see what i’ll be growing but we all know it’s going to be awesome loma

5 Likes

You can use Miracle Grow, but make sure to check the nutrients and the length of time those nutrients are released. Some MG soils release the same set of nutrients for 6 months. While not overly problematic in veg, that would certainly bleed into your flowering stage at a time where you need a different nutrient combination. Also, most MG soils, in my experience, have come loaded with tons of unwanted pests. Hope this info helps. I’m kinda new here, so others may have a more solid take.

1 Like

Yeah,

I’ve known miracle gro usually comes hot, but the pro organics supposedly cut way back on the timed release nutes " supposedly" so I figure that is the best I’m going to get out of home depot as a base soil, then adding in what ever else worm casting, blood and bone meal, etc, the closest hydro shop is over a hour away, but it’s all good, I was hoping to find a decent alternative close by

2 Likes

You can always check out Amazon for some Ocean Forest soil. But yeah, you can definitely make the MG work. My buddy has used the pro organic MG on his outdoor grows, and everything came out okay to the best of my knowledge. I’ve simply had bad luck with MG. I’m growing indoors with a mix of happy frog and ocean forest soil, along with some perlite. What you’ve decided on would probably be fine until the flowering stage, then you could just add the nutrients.

1 Like

I use the MG potting Soil as a base as @Ryansway stated. On the back of the bag. Bottom left you will see thr N.P, K witch is very, very low

2 Likes

No miracle grow, period. None.

Research who owns Miracle Grow, now.

4 Likes

Cool, Cant wait to see it.

How big is the room?

The flower room is 9x12 with new led lights . Way to awesome my friend. AAfter all that shit i said to myself, hey why not just go for it cause you just never now period. So screw it i went for it big time…lo
I,lll kept you up dated and yes i’m making up the sooil to lmaso

1 Like

That’s perfect, what do you use?

I use a mix of mostly Promix Bx, with some FFHF, perlite, and a soupçon of Coco. Tons of microbes added via AN’s Root Trio and Real Grower’s Recharge. Feed with Earth Juice.

I don’t really build soil, myself. I like a fairly cool medium, but have found the HF added helps stabilize the Promix and organic nutes combo.

This year, I am going to slowly begin adding more and more coco to my grows. Next year, I plan on moving solely to “living coco” because it’s more environmentally sustainable. When being dug up, the peat products release so much carbon into the atmosphere, that I can’t really justify sticking with Promix/peat based products in the long run.

1 Like

Sounds like a beautiful room. You better start a journal!

Miracle Grow potting soil. Added limited amounts of nutrients and got great results. 8 ounces of cured bud from two plants in a small 2x3 closet. I used half or less of the recommended amounts of the Fox Farm Trio, mainly during the last half of flower though.

People argue against both using MG and also against using any nutrients with it, but it worked out well.

I’m sold on fabric pots also.

4 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

That’ sounds like a well thought out plan. Alot of fokes here don’t do that. Please keep me posted on that coco ok Would really like to know how it works out for ya.
Your going to hTE THIS…LOL bUT i USE MG BUT THE MG WITH A VERY LOW n.p.k

B Safe
will

1 Like

@AAA,

i will, cant wait till it’s finished. Pretty much taking my time because i want itto be perfect or as close as posable lol

1 Like