HELP Brown leaves

Changed water last week.
Found these plants today.
PH 6.6
PPM 740.
Still running 18/6 with mantis.
My research says cal mag deficiency.
Anybody have another diagnosis?
Would large root structure in the tray clog air stones to cause this?
Cheers. :sunglasses::dash:
Ron.

1 Like

Id say potassium deficiency but thats me

1 Like

I would try lowering the ph to 5.8 the high ph may be causing your problem.it may not be able to take your nutes. 6.6 is to high for hydro.

4 Likes

Agreed. I wanted to say something about the PH but thats out of my expertise level as I’ve only grown in coco

3 Likes

Cool.
Thanks I’ll do this and recheck them again.
Cheers
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Phosphorus/potassium def i believe u need more pk in ur res

Coco or soil? Those PPMs are low and she looks hungry. Shoot for 1000 PPMs, soil PH 6.5-6.8, coco PH 5.8-6.2. Do you feed/water to run off? I would add a gram of epson salts and 5ml of calmag for the rest of the grow :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

With your base nutes on adding calmag and epson salt

1 Like

Cal Mag
ph down.
PH 5.3
PPM 1050.
They look happier already after 24 hours.

5 Likes

Good deal, that PH is still low even for coco. Which is it? Coco or soil. Macro and micro nutrients necessary for cannabis have specific PH ranges, when you’re out of the range some of those nutrients are not being taken in. If you’re in coco 5.8-6.2, soil 6.5-6.8 is optimum. In coco I start at 5.8 for veg and float between the range of 5.9-6.2 during flower. Congrats on them looking better and you can remove those lower damaged leafs they won’t recover and she can put that energy on vibrant leaves :love_you_gesture:

Sorry, should have mentioned it’s hydroponics in a northern lights producer.
And yes I’m going to trim the dead leaves off, I was just waiting to see if they recovered from the shock from this.
:sunglasses::dash::dash:

1 Like

Gotcha on the hydro. Good plan on the leaf removal. I would still shoot for 5.8 PH. Nice work on the recovery :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Found one issue, it’s hard to aerate the water with this root structure blocking the air stones.

3 Likes

“WOW”! Incredible root structure :love_you_gesture: I’m not a Hydro dude, but would topping off the reservoir create more air bubbles/movement through those roots? Tagging @CooterJuice pretty certain he runs a Hydro??

@OGIncognito is correct. With that many plants in that system your gonna have a hard time keeping your ph. All you can do is keep the rez topped off daily and I would check your rez ph 2 or 3 times a day. With that root mass it will drift alot. Target for 5.8. When those girls hit flower it will get harder to maintain.

3 Likes

Appreciate that CJ :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Update.
Full flush, new nutrients.
Ph 5.7
Ppm 1100.
Switched over to 12/12.
Watching my levels and PH daily.
They seem to have perked up a bit.
But still not as green as I’d like, still pale green.

2 Likes

They do look better! Stay on top of it. Happy growing!!

1 Like

Mighty fine job! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Hmm, wondering if I should sacrifice a couple small plants.
With the amount of roots they have, I can not keep my PH or PPM down to a normal range.
Any thoughts.

1 Like