Help blueberry auto leaves drooping down and leaves losing color

ok I water every other day, last I watered it looked like it needed water! whenever it looks like that after watering it would perk up but not this time! I did give ff notes as directed, could I gave to much? so thinking I did that I watered heavy this morning hoping to flush! WHAT SHOULD I DO NEWBEE HERE!

1 Like

This is all good but I think more information and maybe or pictures to see your issue. I’m still new even though my second year still learning. I only water any of my plants mature to sprouts I go by weight try to let them get dry between feeding and or watering. For instance I fed on Christmas eve and this morning the pots are all light so I watered. I can be different each time, I’m also in soil.

My newest seedlings I use moist dirt and spray a lite mist and use small solo cups for humidity.

4 Likes

Here are some pics

5 Likes

Did you search on here for any solutions or what others have found. What is needed I just searched your topic and found some reply’s or solutions. You would add the @Bunger64 to tag someone that maybe able to help

1 Like

Maybe @Newt or @Fieldofdreams can assist or give direction

How to tag them? Really new at this?

when you search you tag them by adding the @ to the screen name like @Mwsubway this tags you so you see

I did tag a few Pepes that will chime in if and when they are avalible.

1 Like

Thanks !

1 Like

The pics you provided don’t look too bad. Is the droop getting worse? You said you may have over fed recently? Do you test ph & ppm’s in and out when watering in solutions? When you decide to water is it on a regular rotation or do you practice full saturation followed by drought conditions? Weed likes to dry out inbetween when grown in soil. What’s your medium?

4 Likes

A couple of things. First, she looks healthy. I am not seeing anything in the leaves that set off alarms other than their drooping. This may be because she is just waking up from lights out or she has not responded to being watered. Water uptake and transpiration is highest during the stretch. She is growing fast and producing flowers.
I would tidy her up by removing some lower leaves to open her up to let the light penetrate and air circulate. But first give a few hours and see if she responds to being watered.

3 Likes

Med is soil, yes it’s pretty dry after two days, I water then. As far as nutrients have been doing every other day! Run off today when I ran about a gallon of water thur was 713, ph 6.5. At first when I water leaves were drooping, thinking it was due to lack of water I watered. It recovers normally, but this it just stayed droopy and leaves seem to be changing color!

lighter? Darker?

You use weight / lifting pot to determine if dry or not.

1 Like

She was drooping yesterday when I watered and has not responded! Thinking I over fertilized I ran a bunch of water thur this morning! :man_shrugging:

Lighter and I usually feel soil and it’s bone dry!

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! Nice plant My 1st thoughts fill out ILGM Support ticket With a little history info. Also plant Looks to be a little thick for good light penetration and air flow. I would start by cleaning up a bit around the bottom of the plant closest to the pot. Tuck a few leafs an prune a few.
Happy growing :v:

3 Likes

It is an auto, and to my understanding you don’t have to prune! Or do you?

2 Likes

I have grown a lot of autos and it’s fine to prune a little as needed. That’s a big auto how many weeks did it veg ? @OGIncognito has Experience with autos.

2 Likes

She’s a beast! Appreciate the tag Brother! @Mwsubway I would definitely clean her up some starting with removing the bottom 1/3, then tie back some of the side branches with soft tie wire. This will let you know which leaves if any need to be removed on the upper growth. I defoliate autos like photo periods just more selective, it’s needed to get light penetration and air circulation :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Thanks I will give it a try

2 Likes