HELP! Balls in beginning of veg or mutant?

Hey everyone!

I am not really sure what I am seeing with two of my plants that are in early veg. To me it looks like balls, but could just be a mutant.

Tent: 2x4x6
Light: HLG 260w led
Temp: way hotter than I wanted 70-90 degrees
Humidity: way lower than I wanted 30-40%
Soil: fox farms ocean forest mixed with living soil from previous grow
Nutrients: greengro natures brix & green aminos every other watering
Water: filtered but not ro, adding Calmag every watering
Genetics: Regular (non fem) Jungle Boys Dosidos seeds are prob 2 years old

The leaves and growth on the plant have been awkward to say the least. Twisted leaves and slow growth, but I’m assuming that’s mostly because of the environment.

Let me know what you think it is.

Jonny Utah

Looks like a boy. Kill it! Haha. But I’m no expert though. I’m sure someone else will be more confident in the diagnosis.

1 Like

Def male there buddy

1 Like

What in the world? I’ve never seen anything like that.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, the light schedule is 18 on 6 off. No clue how it started showing it’s sex so fast! But I guess that’s better than training it for 2 months and then tossing it.

Thanks for the info!

Jonny Utah

I was shocked when I saw them and was worried that my light timer got screwed up. But everything is good, except for the temp and RH.

Jonny Utah

Doesn’t look like any male sacs I’ve seen before.

Oh that sounds bad.

4 Likes

Seems to be isolated to the one node? Cut off the balls and see what happens with the rest of the plant? Chances are it’s a male, but you never know. I would still keep it away from other plants.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I tossed them because I have a flower tent right next to my veg. Don’t want to risk anything given that my first two runs got pollinated. Can’t take any chances.

Jonny Utah

2 Likes

Can’t say I blame you. Sure is a strange way that it put up balls. Never seen anything like it.

1 Like